Tax .Net full-stack - Lead - PSG - OPS
Use your .NET Development skills to cultivate innovative technologies for a fast-growing segment within Deloitte Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work with a team of proven innovators!
Work you’ll do
As a Software Engineer Lead for our team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications.
- Provide support for existing systems.
- Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
- Supervise and mentor junior team members.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering was developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace requirement, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest-growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately held and publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide-range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post-offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science, business/technology or similar degree
- 3+ years’ experience in .Net programming.
- 3+ years’ experience working with and scaling relational databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher.
- Experience in web design and development using Microsoft Technologies (.Net 4.5 or higher).
- Experience with at least four of C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net, ADO.NET, MVC, jQuery and Angular and object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with at least two of Web Services, RESTful API, WCF and Web API’s and windows services.
- Experience with data modeling, database design, querying, performance tuning etc.
- Experience in writing TSQL queries using Subqueries, Joins, Windows functions (i.e. Ranking, aggregate etc.), Set Operators, CTE, Temp Table, Derived Tables, Dynamic SQL, Pivot, Unpivot and XML.
- Experience in SQL Error Handling, Transactions and optimization of complex SQL queries.
- Experience in troubleshooting common database issues (deadlocks, blocks, indexes, expensive queries and performance counters using DMV).
- Experience of Agile methodologies and SCRUM processes.
- Experience with Source Control Systems preferably GIT.
- Experience with CI/CD tools preferably Azure DevOps.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification obtained or in process or must be able/willing to obtain.
- Working knowledge of QlikView, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, and Telerik Kendo UI.
- Working knowledge of enterprise application architecture and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Financial Services environment.
- Experience working in consulting environment.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible, one of the other designations listed below based on role requirements and business approval:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA)
- Professional Engineer
- Technology Certification including, but not limited, to the below
- CBAP - Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft MCSD Certification
- Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $67,200 to $124,800.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?