Advisory Senior Manager
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Evaluate current and potential projects through financial modeling, forecasting cash flows, calculating financing capacity and determining project risks and mitigation strategies
- Build and review complex project finance models for energy transactions
- Conduct due diligence and analyze the viability of new energy and infrastructure developments as well as the funding and financing options that underpin them
- Communicate outcomes of financial analysis in visual (presentation) and narrative (formal report) form
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Manage project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Provide counseling & coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Lead development of business and vendor relationships
- Lead the proposal development process
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities and provide input and guidance into the staffing process
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team of financial modeling and valuation professionals includes financial advisors and economists from varied diverse backgrounds who together help our clients make better decisions using custom, tailored financial models. We make an impact by advising our clients on critical public issues in areas such as business case analysis, transaction execution, credit analysis, cash flow analysis, valuation and portfolio optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, International Affairs, or another business-related field required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- 4+ Technical and/or financial advisory related experience in areas such as project finance, infrastructure, and real assets
- 4+ years of financial modeling experience
- 5+ years of experience with government, banks, funds, development finance agencies or credit rating agencies on similar infrastructure and energy projects
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior staff
- Previous Professional Services Firm or Big 4 experience
- Currently certified as a PE, AIA, PMP, PSP, CCM
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Energy and Environmental Law, Economics, Environmental Engineering or another Business-related field
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $165,000 to $249,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?