AWS Cloud Automation Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS Cloud Automation Engineer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Create, implement, and assist in the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Assist development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Support the build out of platform and client project environments
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with implementation, migrations, and upgrades in the AWS Cloud environment
- Experience building and deploying micro-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Strong understanding of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- 3+ years scripting experience to solve and automate common system tasks
- Automation scripting experience with Ansible, Terraform, Perl, Bash, Shell, and Python
- Ability to Travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- AWS Certification
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?