Senior Grant Management Consultant
Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and identifies the possibilities? Are you passionate about helping Government and Public Services (GPS) organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who work with clients to understand how embracing risk can drive performance. If you seek a role that offers you the opportunity to advise GPS clients through critical and complex issues while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory’s Strategic Risk practice.
Work you’ll do
- USDC Senior/Senior Consultant
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Crisis & Grants Management team delivers innovative, connective, human-centered and sustainable crisis and grants management services to help organizations and communities prepare for, prevent, respond to, recover from and mitigate risks caused by operational disruptions and crises. We help our clients define future state visions, develop strategic roadmaps, establish governance infrastructure, operationalize processes, measure and monitor performance, innovate through technology, and deliver quality program outcomes in an expedited, cost effective and compliant manner. Together we create more resilient communities and responsive ecosystems through incident action planning, grant risk assessments, improving grant processes and operations, future and contingency planning, and data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics, Engineering, Emergency Management, Crisis Management, Risk Management, Business Administration, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Minimum 4 years of grants management experience at the state and/or federal level
- Possess knowledge on the technical aspects of the federal grant program and will be expected to exercise independent judgement within the limits of applicable Federal and State statutes, regulations, policies and procedures
- Experience with Government Accounting, Grant Monitoring, and Procedure Development
- Experience advising federal, state, or local government stakeholders on strategies to prepare for, respond to, and recover from crises
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment; provide rigorous, creative insight in complex situations; and exhibit advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to leverage technology to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?