Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks an Advisory Manager in Detroit, MI.
Work You’ll Do
Direct engagement planning, organizing, budgeting, audit plan execution, and documentation of audit procedures performed. Conduct financial statement audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SOX readiness, IT controls, and SAS 70 audits. Lead engagement teams on project tasks. Execute interviews with management to document business cycle processes and ascertain effectiveness of company’s entity level controls. Manage security configurations; conduct policy and procedure reviews; audit client platform baseline standards; and test platforms for numerous clients. Design and implement technical and general computer IT audits, systems development, conversion, and application control reviews, including process and procedure, documentation, control identification, test plan creation and execution, and executive reporting. Perform in-depth control assessments, document test requirements, and suggest remediation alternatives where necessary. Understand clients’ business environments and complex risk management approaches. Perform maturity assessments to evaluate current processes and develop a rationalized SOX framework. Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients. Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and/or implement products and services. Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability. Will commute within the Detroit, Michigan area to consult with clients concerning the above duties.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Three years of internal controls testing experience.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Auditing databases (including DB2, Oracle and SQL), operating systems (including Windows, Unix and AS400), and ERPs (including Oracle, Peoplesoft, JDE, QAD and NetSuite);
- Executing SSAE18 reviews and performing Segregation of Duties and IT controls testing;
- Communicating with client executive level personnel regarding audit planning, findings and budgeting; and
- Performing SOX control audits for public companies in accordance with Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards.
- Experience must include two years of:
- Performing gap assessments against industry frameworks, including AS-5, COBIT, COSO, and/or client-specific internal frameworks;
- Managing audit engagements, including planning, economics, billing, work distribution, performance as well as mentoring and training team members;
- Applying American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) audit and risk assessment standards to compliance controls reviews, including readiness services for addressing requirements, including SOC1s and SOC2s; and
- Planning, executing and reporting on audit or review engagements on company business processes, including Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, HR/Payroll, Inventory management, Fixed Assets, Financial Close and Reporting.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?