Sales Executive - Sustainability, Climate & Equity - ESG Reporting Readiness
Mitigating the impacts of climate change is a monumental task. Yet, we know progress is possible if we act collectively. It is vital that we all (business and society) take urgent and immediate action. To do our part to help the world achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement, Deloitte’s World Climate strategy is focused on driving responsible climate choices within our organization and beyond. As a part of this commitment, Deloitte has established a Sustainability, Climate & Equity (SC&E) practice that provides our clients a broad range of risk and advisory services focused on today’s most pressing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) needs. With the focus on climate change, societal impacts, and stakeholder influence, companies are increasingly focusing on decarbonization, assessing their potential risks, and reducing their environmental footprint. A career in the SC&E practice will provide you with the opportunity to provide high-value SC&E services to some of the world’s largest companies in a variety of industries.
The Risk & Financial Advisory (RFA) SC&E team is seeking a Sales Executive to help lead client pursuits as it pertains to ESG Reporting Readiness. The sales executive will sell services related to helping Deloitte’s clients identify and manage sustainability-related risks, as well as modeling climate change externality risk. Effective business development pursuit management is critical to the growth of our Sustainability, Climate & Equity practice. This role involves understanding the breadth of the practice’s solutions and capabilities to help connect sales and go-to-market activities. This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a strategic and growing practice.
The Sustainability, Climate & Equity (SC&E) advisory team, part of Risk & Financial Advisory, is growing and requires outstanding, innovative, and engaging professionals to join our team. The SC&E team is privileged to be working on one of the most pressing and topical business and societal issue of our time. Through our services, we help our clients understand, engage with and act on their sustainability-related risks and opportunities.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte’s businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working closely with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors, these sales professionals focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
What you will do:
The Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for selling Deloitte’s Sustainability, Climate & Equity services as it pertains to ESG Reporting Readiness as a result of climate change. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Sustainability, Climate & Equity combined with demonstrated selling attributes and techniques.
The role involves:
- Cultivate a targeted list of prospects and lead sales efforts within the US working closely with Account and Solution leaders
- Drive net-new opportunities from multiple channels including direct and third-party relationships, including ecosystems and alliances
- Develop relationships and collaborate with Deloitte leadership to formulate and execute on a go-to-market strategy
- Building go-to-market strategies to differentiate Deloitte positioning with vendors and clients
- Identify and influence key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assume multiple roles in various pursuits with account teams and practice leaders as it relates to qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Play a leadership role by driving pursuits, contributing to the development of proposals, and coaching the team through orals preparation.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data working with Sales Operations team
- Manage internal sales activities to ensure consistent approach to marketplace across geography and industry groups
- Manage proposal development and make live oral presentations that win new business
- Represent Deloitte by spending time in the field, and at conferences
- 8+ years of prior success as a business development manager and/or sales professional
- 2+ years of experience selling or delivering Sustainability, Climate & Equity services, or solutions
- Existing or evolving in-depth understanding of the Sustainability, Climate & Equity market
- Ability to develop and secure relationships with buyers, decision makers, influencers, and other referral sources across a variety of industries
- Expertise in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with existing clients
- Success in working closely with service line leaders, partners, practitioners, and other sales executives to develop strategies and tactics that drive targeted programs and win business
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multiple-projects environment and business acumen
- Experience articulating value propositions for technology products
- Experience navigating a complex ecosystem of stakeholders with demonstration of creating and maintaining relationships internally and externally
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to travel 20%-60%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Successful track record in selling transaction-based consulting services characterized by long sales cycles and significant dollar transactions
- Strong relationships with market leading technology providers
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $171,000 to $285,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a sales incentive program, whereby you may be eligible to receive certain incentive compensation amounts based on achievement of certain sales goals set forth each year, subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable program document
ongig preRecruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?