Python Developer/Data Engineer - DAS Audit & Assurance DNAV/MAT
Locations: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work You’ll Do
The Python Developer is involved in Planning, Designing, Development, Reliability & Support areas; from the collaboration with other team members and customers to help stakeholders discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. The primary focus will be in applying data mining and transformation techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with cloud enabled products.
- Develop, support, and maintain applications and technology solutions.
- Strong automation skillsets using the automation tools.
- Ensure all development efforts meet or exceed client expectations. Applications should meet requirements of scope, functionality, and time and adhere to all defined and agreed upon standards.
- Ensure high quality and low bug rates of code released into production.
- Use team project management methodology and processes to development and test product features. Standard team development and testing tools will be used.
- Work on agile projects, participate in daily SCRUM calls and provide task updates.
- Develop supporting and other materials, as required.
- Develop and maintain internal project documentation.
- Encourage collaborative efforts and camaraderie with on-shore and off-shore team members.
- Demonstrate a strong working understanding of the industry best standards in software development and version controlling.
- Assist with project team duties as required from user story creation to development to deployment to application maintenance
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- 5+ years of Python, Spark Scripting or Azure Experience
- Python (real time experience required)
- Ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient Python code
- Proficient knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Integrate data storage solutions with Pyodbc, SQLalchemy, and comparable tools
- Experience with Django/Flask framework
- PySpark, Pandas. Experience of XML and JSON parsers
- Basic knowledge with Devops tools (ex: Jenkins/Terraform/Docker)
- Data Services on Azure cloud using Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Synapse Pipelines, Azure Data Warehouse.
- Security Services Azure AD, Azure KeyVault
- Experience with Infrastructure as code
- Good problem-solving capabilities
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Hermitage/Nashville TN location required. 2-3 days each week required in office. Relocation assistance not available
- Spark, SQL, Azure DevOps, and Azure Services
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?