Senior Manager 1, Solution Architecture - Deloitte Application Studios - Sustainability, Climate & Equity (SC&E)
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
We are currently looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with heart-deep commitment to success to be a part of our Technology Delivery Studio. This role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications for custom web solutions and 3rd party vendor products. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform mobile environment. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying mobile, web, and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale vendor systems.
- Oversees the technology architecture for one or more technology solutions with a focus on consistency, reusability, and integration of a substantial product portfolio.
- Providing overall direction, guidance, and definition of enterprise architecture solutions to effectively support the business strategy.
- Provides technical and architectural leadership for Microsoft .NET web applications as well as data analytics solutions leveraging industry leading platforms.
- Provides technical and architectural leadership on various business and enterprise applications. Works with architecture, development, and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project. Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems, and platforms.
- Manages and mentors multiple Solution and Application Architects; approves application architecture designs and lead technical design sessions with architects and developers.
- Defines application technology strategy and architecture to ensure alignment with technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Research emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Proposes and maintains reference architecture.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts, and engineers to define and review requirements. Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Defines and manages the strategic technical roadmap for one or more portfolios consisting of 3 or more solutions (each solution led by a studio/solutioning pod).
- Proposes and leads two or more Practice Initiatives each year.
- Creates project and application architecture deliverables that are consistent with architecture principles, standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Responsible for defining technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection and determining technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in a coherent systems design.
- Leads technical design sessions with the development teams, including the creation of class models, sequence diagrams, component models, etc., and detailed design specifications to ensuring that architecture standards are followed.
- Provides support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Works with business clients and product owners to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Reviews and approves 3rd party and integration solution architecture based on established enterprise application strategy.
- Communicates implications of architectural decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Defines and validates non-functional (technical) requirements and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Provides input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Works closely with Performance Engineering and our Web/Infrastructure Technology teams on defining the deployment architecture.
- Stays abreast of changes in vendor landscape and provides guidance around Deloitte Application Studios’ long-term vendor strategy towards application development.
- Instills a culture of execution, operational excellence, and accountability.
- Seeks and capitalizes on the opportunities to improve productivity, improving time-to-market, improving solutions quality, and improving cost effectiveness.
- Anticipates barriers to change and creates opportunities to remove them.
- Creates a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires.
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Experience/institutional knowledge developing GTM solutions in the domain of Sustainability & Climate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- Minimum of 15 years Industry experience, in architecture and delivery of software products and solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Unified Modeling Language (UML), stateless distributed architectures, and designing for scalability and performance, especially within, .Net, HTML5/CSS3, and WCF technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with IaaS,
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with PaaS and SaaS offerings
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- In-depth architectural understanding of AWS/AZURE/GCP and are familiar with cloud native design patterns and DevOps principles (Infrastructure as Code).
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure, preferably designing and implementing off-prem cloud (Azure) or on-prem/private cloud virtualized architectures and solutions, including active-active and geo/regional resiliency with near zero RPO & RTO
- Strong knowledge in Machine learning and AI and exposure to CSP services like Azure ML Service, Transcribe Textract, AWS Elastic Search, AWS Sagemaker, AWS Comprehend, Apache Spark etc.
- Strong experience in Cloud based Big Data Technologies like Azure Data Lake, ADLA, Databricks, AWS S3, EBS, Postgres,
- Strong experience in Relational and NoSQL databases (SQL Server / CosmosDB / MongoDB etc.)
- Strong experience in at least one programming language (i.e., C#, Java, Python, R).
- Strong experience in Angular/Angular JS, React JS and Node JS.
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with data modeling and normalization concepts.
- Experience with data visualizations tools like SSRS, PowerBI & Tableau.
- Experience architecting and building data marts, warehouses, etc.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e., PL-SQL, T-SQL).
- Understanding and experience working with cloud infrastructure services like Azure, Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud. AWS/GCP preferred.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e., Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Strong experience in leading architecture activities like designing, roadmap, & proof-of-concepts.
- Prior experience in e- commerce, EDI, B2B architectures
- Ability to manage multiple customers, complex projects, and multiple initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Appropriate Cloud Certification is strongly preferred
- TOGAF or SEI – Software Architecture Certification etc.,
- Exposure to BI Tools - like Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense and DI Tools like Informatica etc.,
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?