Senior SQL Database Admin
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced , you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you will do/Responsibilities
- Lead MS SQL database management activities including improving database quality and scripts while developing and deploying DB scripts for data quality, stability, and security systems to support maintenance activities that meet or exceed SLAs
- Manage SQL Server Database performance, integrity, and security
- Develop innovative SQL solutions
- Support the project team with ad-hoc query generation and analysis
- Support the PM with project/task scoping by analyzing the client requirements, coming up with approach, tasks, and level of effort
- Complete physical/logical database schema and object design; Develop new tables, views, triggers and indexes to support a complex data model and ensure optimal database performance
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Core Industry Solutions Offering encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core our client’s business. We incorporate expertise from across the firm to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions according to industry strategy. Core Industry Solutions will be known in the market for a focus on transforming industry operations through industry technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience with native SQL Server tools
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing documentation on database designs (i.e., stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions)
- Experience troubleshooting performance and database issues
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Query Optimization
- Hands on experience developing small presentations/training and be involved in all aspects of data administration
- Ability to execute user/security management and document system configuration
- Ability to create and document standard operating procedures as pertains to DB maintenance
- Ability to create functions and stored procedures to provide custom functionality as per the requirements
- Experience with Azure Cloud and relevant tools, specifically AKS
- Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be able to live, or relocate to a commutable distance from the Lake Mary, FL, Gilbert, AZ, or Mechanicsburg, PA area
- Limited sponsorship may be available
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?