Lead Business Intelligence Senior Cognos Developer
Ready to lead the charge in transforming the world of data analytics? Led a team of skilled Cognos Analytics developers through the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge analytics solutions for our government and public sector clients, playing a pivotal role in driving our organization’s success by providing technical expertise and guidance in the areas of data modeling, dashboard creation, and report development.
Deloitte Government & Public Services (GPS) is a leading strategic, operational, and technology consulting service provider to federal, state, and local government clients. Our mission is to help government and public sector organizations unlock insights and drive growth through innovative analytics solutions. As a GSi (Government Solutions & Innovation) team member, you will be part of a group of passionate, skilled professionals who love to create, collaborate, and deliver exceptional results. Working in collaboration with our leaders, we continuously reimagine the future of operations by fundamentally redesigning services and incorporating new technologies that will propel GPS into the future.
- Experience building relational & multi-dimensional reports and framework models using IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0
- Responsible for Cognos administration duties, security implementation, and server configuration
- Accountable for managing the GPS Cognos reporting team and deliverable schedule.
- Performs research and effective diagnosis of clients’ issues.
- Understands the benefits of using state-of-the-art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to the continuous development of methods and tools.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the areas of data modeling, dashboard creation, and information development while ensuring compliance with government and public sector regulations and standards
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting. Hands-on programming experience
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Develops and shares reusable assets that can be readily applied to new client projects.
- Identifies key drivers of a defined problem and proposes solutions.
- Recognizes and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Develops solutions to client problems by applying personal knowledge and methods, and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, gathering business requirements and translating requirements into reporting and dashboard solutions.
- Mentors and cross-trains members of the Government Business Systems team
- Partner with IT and support the design/configuration of the Cognos framework.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with government and public sector clients, addressing their needs and ensuring their satisfaction with our analytics solutions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software, Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- US Citizenship Required
- 7+ years of experience in Cognos Analytics development, including dashboard creation, report development, and data modeling
- Proven track record of leading successful Cognos Analytics projects
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, ETL processes, and database design
- Proficient in SQL and experience with other BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView is a plus
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members
- A genuine passion for analytics, data-driven decision-making, and continuous learning
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their careers identify and use their strengths to do their best daily work. We believe there’s always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. Our professionals have various growth options, from on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices to help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously seek new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, people, and communities. The business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Recruiter tipsWe want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?