Product Engineering Services Risk Manager - Senior Manager - National_Office
The Product Engineering Services Risk Manager is responsible for supporting QRM with respect to the design and prototyping of physical devices, e.g., technology enabled consumer products, consumer electronics, or medical devices, as well as development, testing, and support of embedded software in such devices. This role will be responsible for providing risk guidance to teams across industries exploring opportunities involving embedded software and physical product prototyping.
Work you’ll do
The key responsibilities of the Product Engineering Services Risk Manager, include:
- Collaboration and cross team coordination
- Provides guidance and support to senior business leaders within the firm regarding risk migration and contracting strategies
- Collaborates closely with Product Engineering leadership throughout the opportunity and engagement lifecycle, focused on identifying risk areas and creating mitigation strategies
- Involves and collaborates with other firm areas throughout opportunity and engagement lifecycle as required (Office of General Counsel, Independence, Office of Confidentiality and Privacy, Tax, Finance, Information Technology Services)
- Understands the business’ overall engagement objective or business strategy and researches clients to provide a point of view on financial wherewithal and engagements for alignment with Deloitte’s purpose and reputation
- Serves as trusted advisor to Product Engineering Services business leadership on risk matters, such as product liability, regulatory testing, IP ownership and protection, client confidential information protection, independence matters, issues that are trending in the marketplace such as proposed regulatory policies (domestic or otherwise) and the latest technology related risks affecting the market
- Contract Management
- Support deal and contract structuring, drafting customized contractual provisions and risk review, negotiations, operations, and operational aspects of contracts related to design and prototyping of physical products and embedded software and development of contracting templates and processes
- Helps interpret contractual requirements and analyzes and assesses potential impacts associated with contract delivery risks
- Assist in development of tactics for negotiations with clients and vendors to resolve contractual issues
- Provides guidance to reduce project risks specifically with respect to development of physical prototypes and embedded software
- Educating and mentoring QRM team members on product engineering services capabilities, focused on building awareness and capacity to provide guidance and support to the practice
Delivery Excellence plays a pivotal role within Deloitte Consulting by partnering with the business to enhance and enable how the practice sells and delivers projects. We promote innovation, drive efficiencies and collaboration, and provide meaningful insights to manage risk and improve the quality in the way we sell and deliver projects. This results in market differentiation, improved client outcomes, and positions our business to navigate the growing complexity in our engagements.
We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting growth of a new business within a broader organization, the intersection of technology and physical products, and strategizing and solutioning with business leaders to help them be successful while balancing risk to Deloitte.
- Education: BBA/BA/BS in related field, Masters Degree is desirable
- A self-starter with a high degree of curiosity and experience with and comfort in discussing and understanding current and new technology
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts related to design and development of physical products and software embedded in such products
- Understanding and experience with testing products for regulatory compliance and contracting nuances related to this
- Strong research, problem-solving skills, collaboration, and networking skills
- Ability to evaluate risks associated with engagements related to design and prototyping of physical products and embedded software
- Ability to verbalize opinions that provide the appropriate support to all levels of leadership
- Experience Requirements: Minimum 10 years of consulting, contracting, and management experience
- Location: Flexible
- Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel on occasion but not frequent
- Trusted Advisor - extensive track record of success in QRM and/or in a QRM Risk Manager role
- Balanced – is practical and has the ability to balance risk appetite with growth objectives
- Results-orientation – has the ability to get things done effectively
- Implementation orientation – has the ability to drive alignment and implement training to senior executives on product deal structures, contract development, and quality
- Leadership – has the ability to deal with adversity and ambiguity, and make the right decisions in a timely manner
- Experience and ability to work directly with senior level individuals (internally and externally)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to construct and negotiate sufficient contractual provisions addressing business issues
- Ability to bring fresh ideas and thinking to help QRM serve the changing needs of Consulting
- Ability to work autonomously in a matrixed, fast-paced, multi-task environment
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $153,000-280,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?