Valuation & Analytics Senior - Product Control
The Valuation & Analytics (“V&A”) team is looking for a Senior Consultant to join its team. This team provides valuation and analytical services related to financial instruments for Deloitte's clients in North America and worldwide. The Senior Consultant may work on the evaluation of pricing and price challenges related to financial instruments (such as fixed income, equity, and credit derivatives, structured products, and other financial instruments) for both internal and external clients, and may also be involved in consulting services related to quantitative analytics.
Work you’ll do
The V&A service area is comprised of practitioners with skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for fixed income transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence.
Responsibilities may include:
- Evaluating vendor pricing for fixed income, structured products, derivatives and equities to determine whether pricing provided by a client is appropriate or requires further investigation
- Submitting price challenges to vendors as needed
- Identifying and escalating issues related to pricing
- Lead due diligence teams on pricing vendor’s valuation techniques and market data
- Performing independent evaluation of financial instruments
- Analyzing market price moves and recent transactions
- Developing new tools and improving processes with the goal of increasing efficiencies (automation)
- Preparing audit documentation of price challenges
- Collaborating with audit teams across companies of all sizes and across multiple industries
- Building and managing relationships and communications with team members
- Presenting complex information in an understandable manner
You’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals across diverse industries while building your professional skills in a variety of valuation and analytical techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business analytics, math, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field experience with relevant coursework.
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- 2+ years professional experience.
- Professional experience and familiarity with product control such as:
- Independent price verification
- Daily, monthly, and annual management reporting
- Accounting valuations
- Development of internal models
- Evaluation of Level 3 valuations
- Control procedures
- Review of transactions
- Analysis of market price moves
- Analysis of stale pricing
- Evaluation of price challenges
- Ability to explain difficult financial modeling/valuation concepts to diverse audiences and to experts at various clients.
- Must be comfortable providing technical assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical clients and internal teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Master’s degree in related field experience
- Professional experience and familiarity with valuation procedures across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, derivatives, structured products) is a plus.
- Background in derivatives finance, including detailed knowledge of derivatives theory and securities pricing and financial instrument types and structures is a plus.
- Professional securitization experience is a plus.
- Experience with pricing vendors such as Refinitiv-Eikon, IHS Markit, Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, etc., is a plus.
- Familiarity with analytical and visualization software packages/tools/languages (e.g., SAS, R, SQL, ACL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, Visual Basic).
- Professional certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified in the Valuation of Financial Instruments (CVFI), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other relevant certificate.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $73,500 to $165,100.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?