Project Finance Consultant
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Evaluate current and potential projects through financial modeling, forecasting cash flows, calculating financing capacity and determining project risks and mitigation strategies
- Conduct due diligence and analyze the viability of new energy and infrastructure developments as well as the funding and financing options that underpin them
- Communicate outcomes of financial analysis in visual (presentation) and narrative (formal report) form
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on projects and proposals
- Support the practice on expanding through practice development, responding to proposals and other internal Deloitte initiatives
- Actively expand consulting skills and your professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team of financial modeling and valuation professionals includes financial advisors and economists from varied diverse backgrounds who together help our clients make better decisions using custom, tailored financial models. We make an impact by advising our clients on critical public issues in areas such as business case analysis, transaction execution, credit analysis, cash flow analysis, valuation and portfolio optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or International Affairs required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Technical and/or financial advisory related experience in areas such as project finance, infrastructure, and real assets
- 1-2 years of financial modeling experience
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to create client deliverables
- Experience with project finance preferred
- 1+ year of experience with government, banks, funds, development finance agencies or credit rating agencies on similar infrastructure and energy projects
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?