Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in Philadelphia, PA.
Work You’ll Do
Assist companies with federal, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives. Assist clients with fundamental tax planning and analysis, work to understand company-specific business and tax issues and identify and mitigate risk areas. Under the supervision of Tax Managers, lead ASC 740 (income tax provision) projects for clients in diverse industries. Under the supervision of Tax Managers, lead tax compliance and tax consulting projects for clients in diverse industries. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal clients and assist with the supervision of assignments. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients in diverse industries, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Actively participate in engagement planning.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Law, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns for C-Corporations, Partnerships, and private wealth including individual, trust, and private foundation;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystem and Corptax, to prepare federal, state, local, and international income tax returns, and calculate estimated tax and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Performing analysis for FIN 48, effective tax rate reconciliation, and valuation allowance, and preparing tax deferred tax schedules and tax review memos to properly account for income taxes during the preparation of tax provisions for corporations;
- Preparing quarterly estimated tax payments for corporations, and preparing schedules for federal and state income tax returns and state franchise tax;
- Preparing quarterly and annual provisions in accordance with ASC 740; and
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?