Climate & Energy Sector Senior Manager
Deloitte’s Enterprise Performance professionals are leaders in optimizing operations that span the entire enterprise of an organization, from strategy to implementation and operation. By joining our team, you can help clients achieve impact and value from their investments in both people and technology that support enterprise-wide operations, as well as solutions for specific functions in the organization, from IT to finance and the supply chain.
Work you’ll do
- Serve domestic and international government and public sector clients, devising and applying smart solutions to critical climate and energy sector problems
- Manage teams identifying and directly supporting climate, energy, mining, utilities, transportation, and natural resources stakeholders, while working with senior government clients and counterparts on macro-economic challenges and policy solutions
- Contribute to climate solutions, the energy transition, sustainable mining, power utilities, sustainable transportation, and/or water infrastructure resilience through the development and delivery of decarbonization strategies, financial and market analysis, policy development, regulatory reform recommendations, and utility customer experience assessments
- Develop logically sound, evidence-based market and policy recommendations for public sector clients based on thorough market research, leading industry trends, and detailed data analysis
- Lead business development efforts in climate, energy, mining, utilities, transport, and natural resources, including managing and developing business and vendor relationships and contributing to and leading aspects of the proposal development process
- Display both breadth and depth of knowledge on functional and technical topics
- Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating client/project needs and developing alternative solutions
- Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients and internal Deloitte team
- Manage resources and budget on client projects
- Provide counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise. The GPS Energy Sector Reform team is part of the broader Supply Chain and Network Operations Portfolio within Deloitte Consulting. The Supply Chain & Network Operations Offering helps clients transform their value chains into a competitive edge. Professionals drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness by furnishing proactive insights and enhancing decision-making. Teams advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions by providing operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions. Teams also optimize operations, product, and material flows, and create greater synergy for the supply network to optimize mission performance.
Our Energy Reform team within Supply Chain & Network Operations is composed of 100+ energy-sector focused professionals serving public sector clients such as the U.S. Departments of Energy, State, and Defense as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development. Our community brings together the best and brightest talent from across the energy sector with a broad range of backgrounds in policy, regulation, finance, engineering, and technology which allow us to deliver leading-edge solutions to our clients. Energy Reform is committed to the continuous growth and development of our practitioners who have the opportunity to work across a diverse array of client engagements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 8+ years of management consulting or industry experience in climate, decarbonization, the energy transition, sustainable mining and energy systems supply chains, power utilities, sustainable transportation, and/or water and natural resources infrastructure resilience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
- Ability to travel up to 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/ sectors you serve
- Advanced degree in engineering, environmental management, business, finance, economics, policy, or other related fields
- Experience working with government and public sector clients including international development organizations, defense, and national security entities, and/or the U.S. Department of Energy
- Experience and familiarity with international climate goals and frameworks (e.g., UNFCCC), climate finance, and/or implementing decarbonization programs for public and private organizations
- Experience assessing the viability of commercial and technical pathways for the energy transition including experience in emerging and advanced energy technologies, energy systems analysis, power market analysis, energy infrastructure financial modeling and/or project finance
- Experience or training in geology, sustainable mining and resource extraction, critical energy transition supply chains, and rare earth minerals
- Experience in power systems modeling and utility operations, specifically working within power utility companies on commercial and distribution activities
- Experience in sustainable transportation strategies, decarbonizing transport, alternative fuels, and smart cities
- Experience in water infrastructure resilience, technologies, and solutions
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching others
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing own workload and managing teams to deliver service excellence, on time and in scope
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, logically, succinctly, persuasively and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to make decisions quickly and fairly based on the best available evidence
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint software as well as efficient, credible, and evidenced-based research tools
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?