Project Delivery Specialist II - Tester
Project Delivery Sr. Analyst
We are looking for a results-driven software tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software usability. The software tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team. You may also interact with clients in order to understand the requirements of the product.To be successful as a software tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the software tester should be result-driven, have good communication skills, and up-to-date knowledge of software programming and software test design.
Work you’ll do
- Good knowledge of SDLC (software development lifecycle) and STLC (software testing life cycle)-
- Good knowledge of Defect life cycle
- Experience creating and executing test scripts
- Analyze results against functional design and expected results
- Experience with system / integration / user acceptance testing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in at least one test case management and one defect management tool (i.e. Hands-on experience with at least one testing tool such as JIRA or HP Quality Center (QC))
- Effective in Team Setting or as Individual Contributor
- Ability to generate statistical data and reports
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities / multiple deliverables
- Ability to create SQL queries against an Oracle database when necessary to verify business scenarios have been met
- Good understanding of interpreting business requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Deloitte’s Health Technology offering transforms the way the Healthcare IT market embraces modernization and modularization. Using our deep health, government, and technology consulting experience, our team strategically advises on design as well as implements and deploys solutions. In order to help clients reduce costs, improve health outcomes, and respond to public health crises, our Health Technology practice addresses critical health agency issues including: claims management, electronic health records, health information exchanges, health analytics, and health case management.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Travel up to 25%
- 7+ Years of Experience as Software Tester or similar role
• Experience in project management and QA methodology
• Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
• Web Solutions Automated Testing
• Requirements Traceability Management
• Defect Management
• Accessibility Testing
• Non-Functional Testing
• Working knowledge of test management software and SQL
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
• Strong organizational skills
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?