EA 2 (Exploitation Analyst) (TS/SCI/Polygraph)
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
Seeking an Exploitation Analyst to support in intelligence functions, analytics, and cyber investigations and operations. Analysts will be assigned to a variety of core analytical tasks or projects. Exploitation Analysts have many of the same skills of DNEAs, but their primary mission is enabling computer network exploitation. In addition to maintaining DNEA-level understanding of adversary networks, exploitation analysts have to understand network defenses and vulnerabilities in relation to available exploitation capabilities in order to create exploitation plans and make operational adjustments as the plan is executed.
In this role you will:
- Apply data and technical expertise to perform file signature analysis, real-time forensic analysis, and report intelligence-derived significant network events and intrusions
- Conduct research and analysis at the operational or strategic level
- Communicate your assessments in operational- or strategic-level analytic intelligence products and through oral briefings
- Threat analysis includes assessments identifying and describing threat actors, activities, platforms, and targets—as well as how they interact—and providing an understanding of the presence, intent, and capabilities of the identified threats
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Must meet the following years of experience and education requirements:
- AA degree + 7 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree + 5 years of experience
- Master's degree + 3 years of experience
- PhD + 2 years of experience
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance required
- Prior experience supporting a variety of core analytical tasks
- Conducted research and analysis at the operational or strategic level
- Experience performing file signature analysis, real-time forensic analysis, and report intelligence-derived significant network events and intrusions
- Ability to build and maintain subject matter expertise in an assigned substantive or functional area
- Experience reviewing source reporting and raw intelligence to determine its value, significance, and relevance
- Ability to communicate assessments in operational- or strategic-level analytic intelligence products and through oral briefings
- Experience performing threat analysis, to include assessments identifying and describing threat actors, activities, platforms, and targets—as well as how they interact—and providing an understanding of the presence, intent, and capabilities of the identified threats
- Ability to assess how environmental variables may affect threats (known or emerging) in a domain
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel up to 25%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be onsite for this role
- Certification in: Certified Ethical Hacker, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator, CompTIA Cyber Security Analyst, CompTIA Cloud+, CompTIA Pentest+, GCHI-GIAC Certified Incident Handler, Cyber Security Incident Responder OR GIAC Response and Industrial Defense
- Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis Course) will be considered towards the relevant experience requirement (i.e., 24-week JCAC course will count as 6 months of experience).
- Relevant experience must be in computer or information systems design/development/analysis. In addition, it may also include engineering hardware and/or software, programming, computer/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance, systems engineering, and/or network and systems administration.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?