Cyber and Virtual Currency Analyst
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
Seeking a Cyber and Virtual Currency Analyst to support our client. The analyst must posses the following experience
- Providing integrated cyber, financial, virtual asset/virtual currency, and business analysis with advanced analytics and data science to support national security, criminal, cyber and counterintelligence investigations, and operations.
- Identifying and tracing funding sources and interrelated transactions.
- Performing blockchain analytical work in support of multi-agency cyber, criminal, and national security matters and draft actionable reports on findings.
- Utilizing a variety of commercial, open-source tools, and proprietary data sources, to collect, review, and analyze data with a focus on virtual currency and cyber areas.
- Assisting with virtual currency, and other related investigations by utilizing publicly available information, financial investigative tools, open-source databases, commercial databases, proprietary contractor tools and data, and government sources of information to identify investigative leads, and other investigative actions and communicate those findings.
- Developing investigative guidance and best practices for cyber financial investigations. (This includes the development of analytical methodologies, processes, and tradecraft for identifying cyber financial crimes.)
- Developing mitigation strategies, investigative techniques, and viable forensic methods regarding detection and/or discovery of deception and fraud related to cyber financial intrusions.
- Liaison with other Government agencies to further operational and intelligence functions.
- Work and develop partnerships with private industry and academia to develop strategic intelligence on emerging cyber threats, identify trends and research in the space, and collaborate on the development of analytical tools.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Strategy, Defense and Response (SDR) focuses on helping federal clients design and implement transformational enterprise security programs with an emphasis on defending against, recovering from, and mitigating major cyberattacks. If you’re seeking a career that increases cyber awareness, utilizes risk management programs, and develops strategies for cyber defense and response, then the Cyber SDR offering at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Active Top Secret Clearance required with the ability to obtain SCI with CI Poly
- Prior experience supporting a variety of core analytical tasks
- Required experience providing integrated cyber, financial, virtual asset/virtual currency, and business analysis with advanced analytics and data science to support national security, criminal, cyber and counterintelligence investigations, and operations.
- Required experience identifying and tracing funding sources and interrelated transactions.
- Required experience performing blockchain analytical work in support of multi-agency cyber, criminal, and national security matters and draft actionable reports on findings.
- Ability to build and maintain subject matter expertise in an assigned substantive or functional area
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Ability to travel 25%-75%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be onsite for this role
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future. Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?