Deloitte CXO Journals Writer, Manager
The Executive Accelerators group within Deloitte Client & Market Growth is searching for a seasoned writer/journalist to write articles on topics of interest to C-suite executives and board directors for the Deloitte Modules that Deloitte sponsors in WSJ’s C-suite online publications. This position will write specifically for risk and compliance-aligned audiences. Content would cover various business topics, as well as perspectives of internal and external senior finance executives.
The position will require working with a wide range of professionals across the Deloitte organization to produce well-written, high-quality, and accurate articles for the C-suite audience in an online publishing platform.
In addition to exceptional editorial skills, the individual must be skilled in interviewing C-suite executives on complex business topics, comfortable working in an environment with daily deadlines, and flexible to changes in editorial assignments and direction. The individual also must possess a high level of professionalism and a commitment to quality.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Drafting informative, compelling, and balanced stories to meet executives’ information needs on a broad range of issues, including risk management, accounting and internal controls, internal audit and assurance, operations and supply chain, legal operations and strategy, cybersecurity, compliance and regulatory matters, business strategy, technology, talent, M&A, and board topics.
- Interviewing Deloitte senior leaders, translating their insights and perspectives into informative articles.
- Researching, conducting and drafting interviews of C-suite and other senior executives.
- Leveraging existing Deloitte thoughtware to develop content tailored to the C-suite.
- Covering conferences for content development.
- Supporting Deloitte Editors in identifying topics to cover.
- Shepherding copy through internal and external reviews.
- Helping to expand traffic to publication site through social media.
Qualifications and requirements include the following:
- Fifteen or more years’ experience writing on complex business topics for a news or publishing organization.
- A strong working knowledge of current and emerging business trends in the US and abroad that impact C-suite executives and boards.
- Significant experience interviewing C-suite-level executives and board directors.
- Experience writing about risk management, compliance, governance and operations, including enterprise risk management, cybersecurity, internal audit and financial controls, technology and automation, controllership, ESG, talent, and regulatory matters.
- In-depth knowledge of English, spelling, grammar and punctuation; and of legal and ethical aspects of journalism, including their application to digital publishing.
- Ability to work under tight (and daily) deadlines and flexibility to changing requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a can-do attitude.
- Well-developed time, resource, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications and working knowledge of AP Manual of Style.
- Experience with digital publishing tools, e.g., WordPress, and A/V technologies, e.g., webcasts, videos, podcasts, infographics, etc.
- Experience in using social media to increase readership and amplify content across different channels.
- Willingness to adhere to Deloitte standards for quality and brand.
- Flexibility, adaptability, responsiveness, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- A commitment to excellence, professionalism, and timely communication.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Writing, English, or related area.
- Location: Washington, DC, Boston, Chicago, New York area.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% as needed for the role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?