AWS/Azure Cloud Security Engineer (Remote - Delivery Center)
Are you looking to elevate your cyber career? Your technical skills? Your opportunity for growth? Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Cyber Practice (GPS Cyber Practice) is the place for you! Our GPS Cyber Practice helps organizations create a cyber minded culture and become stronger, faster, and more innovative. You will become part of a team that advises, implements, and manages solutions across five verticals: Strategy, Defense and Response; Identity; Infrastructure; Data; and Application Security. Our dynamic team offers opportunities to work with cutting-edge cyber security tools and grow both vertically and horizontally at an accelerated rate. Join our cyber team and elevate your career.
Work you’ll do
· Responsible for deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
· Set up and manage access to cloud resources using accounts, users, and groups. He/she should be knowledgeable about potential vulnerabilities of virtual machines and container deployment systems.
· Will drive adherence to federal and state compliance requirements by overseeing continuous monitoring activities and incident response.
· Provides oversight over the implementation of approved security architecture/policies/procedures for a portfolio clients and engagements Initiate and conduct project security reviews to identify cloud infrastructure security risks
· Reviews and oversee the implementation of approved recommendations on cloud security design and implementation
· Support clients with data protection, IoT, and overarching cloud capabilities.
· Implement core and cloud infrastructure security to manage risks and exposure.
· Perform cyber reconnaissance to illuminate a potential attack surface area.
· Provide threat and vulnerability management to federal clients and teams.
· Analyze tactical network architectures and topologies to assess security risks.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things—not stopping them—and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you’re seeking a career implementing, architecting, and—in select cases—handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role.
- Travel up to15%
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in:
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Experience with CI/CD - Deployment pipelines, and automated build and configuration tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and terraform
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to partner and collaborate with both engineers and business users on architecture vision and security model
- A comprehensive understanding of writing KQLs, and the use of PowerShell to write queries in all cloud platform
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?