Advisory Project Delivery Specialist II
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do:
- Lead team responsible for performing and automating the reconciliation of the financial transactions to accounting systems.
- Serve as a "Subject Matter Expert", adding experienced insights into client challenges.
- Lead and support delivery teams and staff
- Contribute to the development of business and vendor relationships.
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects.
- Manage solutions, delegate resources, and ensure the quality assurance principles are met across projects and deliverables.
- Present and sell ideas to various client audiences, both technical and non-technical
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our Internal Audit team advises clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance. We help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance or another Business-related field.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- 2 years of OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements
- 2 years of Federal consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management polices & procedures, etc.
- 2 years of experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with Government financial systems and FIAR guidance
- Certifications including: CISA, CPA, CISSP
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?