IT Configuration Management Process Manager
Configuration Management Process Manager
Remote work acceptable within the continental US
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte Technology US. We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
As a Configuration Management Process Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for managing and improving the configuration management process. You will be responsible for ensuring that all configuration items and their relationships are identified, controlled, verified, and audited throughout their lifecycle. You will work closely with other IT teams to establish and maintain effective configuration management practices across the organization. You will ensure that the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Configuration Management process to ensure that it is aligned with the organization’s business objectives.
- Develop and implement configuration management policies, procedures, and standards to ensure effective and efficient management of configuration items.
- Ensure that all configuration items are identified, controlled, verified, and audited throughout their lifecycle.
- Maintain and update the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure that it is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to establish and maintain effective configuration management practices across the organization
- Develop and maintain configuration management reports, metrics, and dashboards to track and communicate configuration management performance
- Develop and implement configuration management training programs to ensure that all IT staff are trained on the proper configuration practices
- Continually assess and improve the configuration management process to ensure that it is aligned with industry best practices.
- Develop and implement improvement plans to continuously improve on process and user experience.
- Stay up to date on the latest Configuration Management trends and technology.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to analyze business and functional requirements that have an impact on business applications.
- Lead on/offshore resources, including working with the offshore Technical Delivery Manager, to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Flexibility in start and end times due to collaboration with customer and teams across the globe.
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology supporting full lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools such as ServiceNow and BMC Remedy
- 2+ years of experience within Agile/Scrum environments with an understanding of SAFe methodologies
- Ability to work with solutions, technologies, and development teams
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and/or 5+ years of professional skills directly related to Technology
- At least of 5 years of in configuration management with experience in managing configuration management processes
- Experience in developing and implementing configuration management policies, procedures, and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing a team, training and mentoring staff
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $102,000 - $210,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?