Lead Quality Assurance Analyst-DAS Audit Project Omnia
Location: Tampa, FL or Hermitage, TN
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
The lead QA oversees the quality testing of product(s) to ensure adherence to an Agile industry and the organization’s methodologies standards. Responsible for assuring the delivery of defect free software products and software services that are compliant with business requirement acceptance criteria and technical specifications through continuous testing in a manual and/or automated environments. Work collaboratively through the product life cycle with both business and technically oriented project teams onshore and offshore. Provide innovative and creative solutions to validate the quality of the deliverables that meet business objectives and deliver on-time with a high degree of quality. Ensure that all appropriate firm delivery QA standards and guidelines are met. Provides support and guidance daily to the QA Analysts in performing their assignments, monitoring the successful delivery, and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Design & develop test plans and test cases to ensure and gauge product quality, while effectively minimizing manual testing - manage creation of test plans, test scripts and test cases and lead in their execution (Manual & Automation).
- Develop procedures, templates, and work instructions for implementing Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards for the team/project.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop a comprehensive functional and systems level solution test strategy that accounts for the common aspects of the solutions, including cross functional review for such plan and during the product architecture and design phase.
- Drive Test scoping of new features and releases with input from cross-carrier test team members
- Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, best practices, and tools from appropriate sources, to improve test coverage
- Effectively delegate, schedule and prioritize testing tasks to be completed by the team while ensuring completion of own tasks
- Review the work done by the team members and assume ownership for the quality of the deliverables
- Review and assure compliance with specifications, data consistency and other technical documents
- Develop reports based on risk assessment, summarize testing results and observations to the business leadership team and other key stakeholders.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring to Quality Assurance and project teams
- End to end ownership and accountability on Functionality, Integration, System, Regression and maybe Unit Testing for the application assigned
- Implement continuous improvement activities including new tools and automation in coordination with QPE practice.
- Utilize appropriate automation tools, write automation scripts, identify process enhancements wherever necessary to be able to continuously improve test effectiveness and productivity (Selenium / TOSCA).
- Perform Production and test environments smoke testing for patch, Production release and deployments.
- Responsible for conducting analysis of defects with development team, BA and other stakeholders, replicating issues for analysis and resolution.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of QE testing, QA Lead experience effectively delivering and implementation of mission critical business applications and Solutions or 5 years of experience with an advanced degree.
- Required to be on site in the office 2-3 times a week in Tampa or Hermitage offices.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to travel 20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Experience leading a team of QAs in managing testing design, development and execution
- Ability to create complex SQL queries for use in validation and test data setup. (Microsoft SQL, Transact-SQL (T-SQL), Stored Procedures)
- Understanding of Software and Web technologies which includes .net, Java Script, HTML, SQL, XML, SOAP, ADO and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Experience with API testing using tools such as postman, APIM, Swagger, REST API, or similar
- Demonstrate working understanding of the Agile/SAFe Methodologies and defect management process.
- Demonstrate working understanding of Database testing skills like writing simple queries to validate the data
- Demonstrate leadership on mid-large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, self-motivated, problem solver, willingness to learn and grow
- Should exhibit positive energy on the floor. Should be proactive on all the projects which are taken up. Should contribute to the growth of the practice
- Demonstrate Judgment skills, decision making qualities.
- Should have strong balance of technical and a proven history of good work across large scale applications
- Strong communication skills regarding technical topics and remote collaboration skills are critical to this role.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?