Advisory Manager - Renewable Energy and Sustainability Modeling
Are you interested in working with clients who are playing a pivotal role in a greener future with their most important decisions? If so, this is your opportunity to join our dedicated renewable energy and sustainability team of financial modelers and advisors. We focus on market-leading decision support services in the context of transactions, business planning, strategic options and operational assessments.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager in our Modeling Advisory Practice focusing on renewable energy and sustainability you will:
- Take a lead role in supporting clients throughout decision making processes.
- Develop and deliver financial models and supporting analysis to clients for transactions, strategic business planning and operational decision-making.
- Support clients through their renewable energy transaction structuring- including tax equity, debt sizing and sponsor capital.
- Analyze key drivers of renewable energy project economics, perform scenario analysis, and assist in developing solutions to maximize client interests.
- Develop financial models to quantify the financial impact of client’s sustainability strategy under varying scenarios.
- Develop financial models to quantify a client’s energy transition risk and physical asset value at risk resulting from climate change.
- Provide end-to-end agile solutions for clients throughout their whole investment lifecycle.
- Provide advice and support to clients throughout engagements by leveraging a technical and commercial skillset to analyze, interpret, and communicate actionable outcomes from our financial models.
- Coordinate with a wide breadth of subject matter experts within Deloitte including tax, valuation, accounting, consulting, regulatory and business experts.
- Help drive overall business development activities for the renewable modeling and sustainability capabilities – focusing on both internal and external marketing, industry eminence, and new service offerings within an everchanging industry.
- Coach junior practitioners in their growth and make significant contributions to practice and business development initiatives.
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs.
The Modeling Advisory Practice is Deloitte’s dedicated group of financial modelers. Working across industry sectors, we work with a wide range of companies including financial investors and large strategic players to help with their most important decisions. The Renewable Energy and Sustainability team works with clients who are building, buying, owning and operating renewable energy funds, or looking to improve their carbon footprint and achieve sustainability goals. The Modeling Advisory Practice sits within Deloitte Advisory’s Valuation & Modeling service offering.
- 3+ years of Financial modeling experience
- Experience in project finance modeling along with Solar, Wind, and other forms of Renewable Energy or Experience in emissions modeling and forecasting to support strategic climate-related decision-making
- 4+ years of experience working for a Consulting Firm or equivalent Industry experience specifically working in financial modeling, strategic planning, managing client relationships, creating and delivering client service work that exceeds client expectations, communicating (both written and oral) and presenting complex technical issues to non-technical staff
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- BA or BS, preferably in Accounting, Finance or other business major
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- CPA, CFA, MBA or other equivalent designation
- Experience in VBA, Python, and visualization tools
- Our client, a multi- billion-dollar renewable energy fund, engaged us to develop a modeling ecosystem across the whole investment lifecycle of renewable energy assets inclusive of deal pricing models, project tracking models and portfolio level fund analysis. The platform and analysis provided by us is key to tracking performances and feasibility of new investments.
- Our client, an international renewable energy investor, engaged us to analyze the impact of the recent Texas weather event on its renewable energy assets and model various financing and contracting scenarios for long term value realization.
- Our client, a trade group representing the interests of a hydrocarbon-heavy industry, was seeking advice on potential pathways to Net Zero by 2050. We developed a driver-based forecast model to estimate the industry’s emissions profile and the abatement pathways under various scenarios. The outputs of the Model are being used to inform investment and policy priorities for the trade group to pursue on behalf of their member entities.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for CA is $144,293 to $240,488.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?