Manager for US , India Tax Strategy and Integration Team
The U.S. India Tax Strategy and Integration Team (USI TSI) impacts and grows our people, clients, and communities by driving results through USI integration, using a holistic approach to realize Deloitte Tax strategy. The team’s purpose is to amplify the potential of USI and drive USI integration. The USI TSI designs and directs strategic programs and projects for Tax Leadership which are critical to growing and developing the USI Tax practice, integrating the India practice with the U.S. offices and engagements and supporting continued maturation of the US/USI business model. The team is also focused on capitalizing on our US India practice by developing tax service offerings which enable entering new markets or significantly expanding Deloitte’s footprint in existing markets.
The Manager role is project-based; the portfolio of projects evolves as business needs change. All projects trace back to overall Tax strategies established by executive Tax leadership in US and USI. The role requires an understanding of Tax’s operational and service line structure and strategy, process and technology innovation, project ideation, design and management and an entrepreneurial mind set. This role requires interacting and working with all levels of leadership and management across all Tax service lines in order to develop and plan strategic initiatives across all groups within the US and USI Tax organizations. The manager is based in the US, working with both US and USI TSI team members, US and USI service line leaders and USI on the ground leaders. Projects fall into these competency areas: tax offering development, strategic planning, process improvement, change management, project management, and financial and operational data analysis. All projects require stakeholder networking, stakeholder management and executive level communications.
- USI Tax strategy implementation
- Drive improvement in USI Tax through developing and implementing strategies, in conjunction with service line leaders focused on USI, that take the existing practice to the next level
- Drive change by project design and management, bringing experience in problem solving and change management, which support successful project implementation
- Plan, drive and engage stakeholders in facilitation of live meetings and/or labs to uncover strategic paths forward and aid in decision making
- Tax growth offering strategy execution: Manage the development and implementation of new service offerings or expand current services which heavily leverage USI
- Guide business leaders through the process of designing and launching a service offering, from ideation to formation to implementation.
- Create strategy documents, business plans, business cases and other deliverables
- Organize, lead and project manage process and technology, talent, marketing and targeting and change management
- Region and service line support: Serve as the trusted business advisor to region and service line (R/SL) leaders and USI SL leaders
- Lead strategy development and execution, partnering with R/SL leaders
- Assist in business assessment activities through interviews, focus groups,
- Interpret and analyze financial data to formulate and measure growth and efficiency
- Identify areas for increased USI integration (geographies, competencies, PPMDs)
- Partner with regions and service lines to overcome obstacles and challenges to increasing USI integration
- Collaborate with US and USI Tax Office Management, Talent, Resource Management, Finance, L&D, and other Enabling Area professionals to drive results as defined by the project; necessary for all projects, whether USI Tax strategy implementation, Tax growth offering strategy execution, or R/SL support
- Provide project support to USI Tax Leadership in developing and executing other US India Tax strategic initiatives and analytics projects
- Manage projects and process improvements from ideation through implementation
- Create annual project budgets to cover internal and external expenses anticipated to launch a project
- Provide day to day oversight and review project work of staff and seniors in the US and USI
- Develop and counsel seniors and staff in the US and USI, on and beyond projects
- Participate, with other managers, senior managers and PPMDs on the team, in monthly touchpoints about team pulse, staffing, team development, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strategic plan development and execution experience
- Strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking; strong project management on broad, multi-faceted projects
- Ability to create executive level communications, with concise, impactful storytelling and definitive asks and next steps
- Ability to build strong network with the internal clients, to bring greater impact on projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the self-confidence and executive presence to lead presentations, facilitate discussions, work with professionals at a variety of levels and facilitate discussions with and amongst PPMD stakeholders
- Experience managing the work of professionals at the senior and staff levels; strong coach/mentor; adept at working virtually and across US and international time zones; ability to develop and guide professionals to grow and achieve their potential
- Ability and desire to periodically travel for project work to various U.S. offices, for less than one week at a time; potential travel to USI (maximum two weeks)
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong PowerPoint skills, needed to create executive level presentations
- Collaborative problem-solving skills, working with various stakeholders with competing interests; able to draw out common ground and propose solutions to resolve issues
- Can quickly get up to speed on a wide range of business issues
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities; very organized; multi-tasker
- Broadly understands Deloitte Tax and its service lines
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $104,575 to $214,740
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?