Audit Readiness Senior Consultant
Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Lead client audit readiness efforts in accordance with GAAP and FASAB
- Conduct research, draft standard operating procedures and flowcharts
- Implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Collaborate with clients to identify financial control issues and gaps
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Run team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team provides resources to help clients manage their core accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as solutions to help them achieve their controls and finance transformation aspirations. Our professionals keep up with emerging regulatory guidance along with industry and business trends to assist financial organizations. We develop solutions to data complexities to help our clients achieve optimal finance transformation and meet their digital controllership goals and objectives.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
- 5 years of experience improving internal control objectives or government accounting and transaction processes
- Knowledge of Financial Improvement and Audit Remediation (FIAR), Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 or OMB Circular A-123 documentation testing and reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Information Technology/Systems, Business, Finance or another Business-related field
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on work you do and the clients and the industries/sectors you serve
- Willing to work in office 5 days per week
- Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
- Certifications including CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA, CIA
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or another Business-related field
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to California, Colorado, Jersey City, Nevada, New York City, and Washington State and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,750 to $128,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.Recruiting tips
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?