Deloitte Private Sales Executive (Houston/Bay Area)
Are you a top-performing client relationship and solution sales executive looking for your next career move? If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, relevant professional services experience and demonstrate selling attributes, strategies, and techniques you may be interested in an opportunity with our Deloitte Private Sales team.
Deloitte Private's professionals are focused on delivering a distinctive client experience through service offerings tailored to address the unique needs of private equity or family owned companies ranging from start-ups to multi billion dollars in revenues.
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte’s businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals and Managing Directors, these sales executives focus their highly skilled efforts in securing relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover opportunities, develop effective sales strategies, manage the pursuit process and act as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
Work you’ll do:
- The Deloitte Private Sales Executive (SE) is responsible for selling all firm services – Consulting, Advisory, Tax and Audit - to new prospective Deloitte Private prospects and, in select situations, existing clients. As a Sales Executive you will:
- Build relationships with targeted companies and key executives to understand needs, map those needs to firm capabilities, build pipeline and close sales
- Drive targeting efforts in your market and select accounts
- Develop and implement specific sales strategies to drive awareness, lead generation, and opportunity identification
- Assist market-facing practitioners with qualifying and winning opportunities
- Work with local Managing Partners and functional leaders to develop and execute a “go-to market” strategy
- Create strategic and tactical plans to uncover and close opportunities across our multiple offerings
- Influence decision makers at the highest levels within your assigned target accounts and/or geography
- Demonstrate superior knowledge and execution of the sales process and consistently applying the sales process in pursuits
- Educate and/or lead others in effecting sales and business development
- Coordinate with marketing professionals to develop and execute effective campaigns and events
- Organize and support various centers of influence and complimentary service providers
- Demonstrate strong personal sales management discipline
- Demand management, i.e., working with the practitioners to determine the details and approach
- Foster relationships, develop consensus, and team with other elements of the Firm to appropriately target, pursue and close engagements
- 10+ years’ experience managing complex clients, while selling consulting, advisory, tax and/or audit services, characterized by long sales cycles and significant dollar transactions
- Experience as a Tax or Advisory SE at a reputable firm or scalable experience from consulting
- Strong sales management knowledge and/or experience
- Proven consistent track record of delivering multi-million-dollar sales results
- Existing and/or evolving understanding of the functions they represent, the marketplace for Consulting, Tax, Advisory and Audit clients' businesses, and competitors
- Ability to develop and secure relationships with buyers, decision makers, influencers and other referral sources across a variety of industries
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities
- Ability to develop and utilize pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Lead or support practice sales management activities
- Experience managing internal sales activities to ensure consistent approach to marketplace across geographies and industry groups
- Experienced with a complex pursuit process, proposal development and oral presentations that win new business
- Highly skilled in delivering impactful presentations
- Ability to work in a multi-layered matrix organization serving many leaders
- Ability to travel 20-60%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Success in working closely with service line leaders, partners, practitioners, and other sales professionals to develop strategies and tactics that drive targeting programs and win business
- Undergraduate degree
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?