Sr. AI Dialog Developer - GenAI | LLM | API | Java - Government Client
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems.
By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
Work you’ll do:
The Dialog Engineer will, as part of several client delivery teams, be responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining cutting-edge AI-based conversation systems, ensuring smooth and engaging user experiences. Additionally, the Prompt Engineer will participate in a wide variety of Natural Language Processing activities, including refining and optimizing prompts to improve the outcome of Large Language Models (LLMs), and code and design review. The kinds of activities performed by the Prompt Engineer will also include, but not be limited to:
- Working across client teams to develop and architect Generative AI solutions using ML and GenAI
- Developing and promoting standards across the community
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate AI tools and machine learning models for tasks, as well as building and training working versions of those models using Python and other open-source technologies
- Working with leadership and stakeholders to identify AI opportunities and promote strategy
- Developing and conducting trainings for users across the Government & Public Services landscape on principles used to develop models and how to interact with models to facilitate their business processes
- Building and prioritizing backlog for future machine-learning enabled features to support client business processes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance or the ability to be cleared
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python or R
- 2+ years of experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Large Language Models (LLM)
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining scalable API solutions
- 2+ years of experience working with GenAI or a similar technology
- Ability to support a hybrid to fulltime schedule onsite in the DC area
- Previous Government Consulting and/or professional services experience
- In depth understanding of AI protocols and standards
- Understanding of technology risks and the ability to assess and mitigate them
- Deep knowledge of a specific domain or industry, with a focus on applying NLP/LLM solutions in that context
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting software or solutions design issues
- Proven ability to stay current with best practices and new technology solutions in the field
- Ability to display both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
How you'll grow:
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?