Public Financial Management Lead (West Africa)
Deloitte’s Enterprise Performance professionals are leaders in optimizing operations that span the entire enterprise of an organization, from strategy to implementation and operation. By joining our team, you can help clients achieve impact and value from their investments in both people and technology that support enterprise-wide operations, as well as solutions for specific functions in the organization, from IT to finance and the supply chain.
Work you’ll do
The Resource Management and Public Financial Management Component Lead will oversee activities under Component 2: Resource Management Improved under the activity. He/she will work closely with project leadership, consortium partners and relevant national stakeholders, beneficiaries and the donor to improve financial management in the education sector.
This is a two-year full-time role that will be based in Monrovia, Liberia. More details on the role’s responsibilities and qualifications are below.
- Lead technical strategies and activities at the central, county, and district levels for the Component
- Lead activities around: budgeting and financial management, procurement, data-driven resource allocation and costing, and asset and fleet management.
- Support the MOE to train technical staff at the central, county, and district levels, and improve institutional processes for sustainable technical capacity building in resource management.
- Help the MOE to pilot strategies, tools, and technology to streamline resource management processes, incentivize education quality and equity, and reduce opportunities for corruption.
- Build the MOE’s capacity to conduct participatory planning and budget allocation
- Provide technical direction and oversight in the design, implementation, and monitoring of the Component 2 workplans and budgets.
- Support the process of preparing timely and accurate donor reporting
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Finance & Enterprise Performance (F&EP) teams advise, implement, and deliver as-a-service solutions to help clients develop strategies and capabilities that support enterprise-wide decision-making, develop operating models to optimize organizational performance, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or other related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant technical leadership in PFM technical areas, preferably in Liberia and/or West Africa
- Proven technical leadership in USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior experience with USG rules and regulations (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), etc.)
- Ability to relocate to and work from Monrovia, Liberia full time for 2 years
- Ability to build positive working relationships with local communities, government officials, and donor representatives
- Demonstrated ability in complex environments, working across different cultures, and managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines
- Experience in the education sector preferred
- Native or advanced written and spoken English language
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?