Top Secret Full-Stack AWS Developer
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte’s emerging cloud practice working on mission critical work for manager government entities? We’re looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients’ most compelling Cloud needs within the public sector. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading edge product development.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Work you’ll do:
Deloitte is looking for Full Stack Developers to support our federal client’s mission to accelerate discovery and delivery of identity and network-based intelligence to counter national security threat actors by adopting and applying advanced exploitation methods, emerging technologies, and sound tradecraft. The appropriate candidate is required to have strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems. The candidate will provide technical expertise and support in the design, development, implementation and testing of customer tools and applications. Based in Development-Security-Operations framework, participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. AWS development experience is required. Team prefers server-less/cloud native architecture, so AWS Lambda experience is a plus.
- Work with cloud infrastructure architects to migrate existing applications to a cloud native-platform, when applicable
- Oversee build of cloud-native applications based on scalable, portable, and resilient designs
- Drive evaluation of different platforms, gather information on differences in cloud-native implementations, and conduct research on the platform behavior under different workloads
- Understand design patterns, domain-driven design, component based architecture, and evolutionary architecture
- Understand cloud-native architecture concepts and have knowledge of best practices for high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
- Develop a roadmap for migrating a monolithic application to a micro-service architecture
- Review platforms used by the client and suggest improvements in automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) practices, security, and platform services
- Communicate effectively through strong written and oral communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Integrate with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
- Certifications (Desired): Google – Professional Data Engineer; AWS – DevOps Engineer; Azure – MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Development Focus)
Active Top-Secret clearance or above
- 10+ years software or infrastructure architecture experience
- 5+ years of IC-related experience
- Advanced experience with AWS and Java
- Onsite roughly 75% (4 days per week)
- Moderate experience with Typescript, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, React, ExpressJS, NGINX, and Agile methodologies or similar technologies
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Possess any additional certifications (one or more) for the design/development within AWS
Travel: Ability to travel 0-50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?