AWS Automation/DevOps Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Help consult with clients on the system design of AWS environments
- Support cloud implementations, upgrades, migrations, and change requests on client cloud environments
- Create, implement, and assist in the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
- Maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Contribute to the configuration and setup of backups as well as setup automated AWS patching for Windows and Linux platforms
- Assist development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Support program optimization to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Assist in system migrations and system upgrades to create and deploy new cloud environments
Deloitte’s Government & Public Services practice—our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client’s end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with planning, architecting, and implementing AWS Cloud environments
- Demonstrated experience in Windows Active Directory design and implementation across AWS cloud environments
- Experience with designing and deploying AWS Services like Elastic Compute (EC2), Storages (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier and AWS Storage Gateway) and RDS
- Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
- Automation scripting experience with GitHub, Jenkins or scripting languages including (Terraform, Ansible, Shell, Bash, Perl)
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools and processes
- Proficient understanding of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Must live in or be able to relocate to a commutable distance to Lake Mary, FL, Gilbert, AZ or Mechanicsburg, PA
- Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
- bility to travel 0-10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?