Bioinformatics Senior Consultant
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you’ll do
The Bioinformatics Data Scientist will work closely with our team of senior bioinformaticians and epidemiologists on projects within our Federal Health sector. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and analyzing large genomic databases from epidemiological and clinical studies.
- Data manipulation, algorithmic implementation, statistical programming, and integrated genomic analyses.
- Installing, troubleshooting, and running analytical pipelines using open-source and commercial scientific software on Cloud-hosted platforms, and using publicly available bioinformatics and genomic databases and tools.
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology, and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS AI & Data Engineering offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
- Master’s degree in biomedical sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Public Health or other health-related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security clearance
- 5+ years of experience developing and optimizing bioinformatics pipelines
- 5+ years of experience with analysis packages and programming languages such as Python, R, SQL
- 2+ years of experience with NextFlow bioinformatics workflow frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with scientific research methods as applied to quantitative data analysis
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- PhD in Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other health-related field
- Experience with orchestration engines like Nextflow Tower
- Active government security clearance
- Prior government consulting experience
- Knowledge of machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Experience in whole exome/genome sequencing analysis (such as mutation, copy number and structural variant calling), mutational signatures, tumor evolution, and epigenetic analysis
- Familiarity and established working knowledge of tools to investigate cancer genomics with publicly available data sources (such as dbGaP, TCGA, ENCODE, 1000 Genomes, TARGET, GTEX, gnomAD, cBioPortal)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?