Senior Cloud Data Migration Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Work with the team to evaluate business needs and priorities, liaise with key business partners and address team needs related to data systems and management.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications; establish and define details, definitions, and requirements of applications, components and enhancements.
- Participate in project planning; identifying milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution.
- Generate design, development, test plans, detailed functional specifications documents, user interface design, and process flow charts for execution of programming.
- Develop data pipelines / APIs using Python, SQL, potentially Spark and AWS, Azure or GCP Methods.
- Use an analytical, data-driven approach to drive a deep understanding of fast changing business.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS, Azure or GCP cloud platform.
- Moving data from on-prem to cloud and cloud data conversions.
Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering:
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering will work with our clients to:
Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms.
Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions.
Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements.
- 6+ years of experience in data engineering with an emphasis on data analytics and reporting.
- 6+ years of experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), others.
- 6+ years of experience in SQL, data transformations, statistical analysis, and troubleshooting across more than one Database Platform (Cassandra, MySQL, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Databricks, etc.).
- 6+ years of experience in the design and build of data extraction, transformation, and loading processes by writing custom data pipelines.
- 6+ years of experience with one or more of the follow scripting languages: Python, SQL, Kafka and/or other.
- 6+ years of experience designing and building solutions utilizing various Cloud services such as EC2, S3, EMR, Kinesis, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline, or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel up to 10% annually, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Co-location expectation 10-30%
- Must live within a commutable distance or relocate near a center location:
- 1.Lake Mary, FL
- 2.Mechanicsburg, PA
- 3.Gilbert, AZ
- AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform Certification.
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages, preferably Scala, PySpark and/or Python.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system on any size/scale.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?