Seasonal JSG Tax Delivery Manager - Global Employer Services
Deloitte US | Deloitte Tax LLP
Location: Various, United States
This is a seasonal opportunity expected for the Summer/Fall 2023 or other mutually agreeable period. Extensions may be available upon mutual agreement. Remote opportunities available.
Are you a leader and strategic thinker who is able to integrate strategic business knowledge with market-leading experience to design talent, mobility, and rewards programs? Do you have an in-depth technical knowledge of the regulatory landscape and business environments in which global clients operate around the world? If you said “Yes!” and this is your passion, we have the perfect career for you!
Work you’ll do
- Correspondence in Japanese (written and verbal) with individual taxpayers to collect data required to complete their US individual income tax return
- Correspondence in Japanese (written and verbal) with individual taxpayers to field questions regarding access to and completion of the US tax organizer
- Correspondence in Japanese (written and verbal) with individual taxpayers to outline tax return delivery process, including consultation on accessing Deloitte’s secure portal
- Translation of documents provided from Japanese to English for use in the US tax compliance process
- Translation of the updated About Me tax “organizer” from English to Japanese for broad roll-out to the JSG client users
- Correspondence with US and US India team members in English (written and verbal) to coordinate the missing tax data collection process and tax return delivery process
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Employer Services mobility tax professionals assist our international clients in managing employer and individual income tax obligations for their mobile employees working abroad and inbound which includes but not limited to reviewing and signing income tax returns and reviewing cost projections. In addition to managing compliance, the practice consults clients to develop international assignment programs and policies and to minimize tax obligations through the use of effective tax planning. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Global Employer Services.
- Fluent in both English and Japanese (i.e. fully bilingual)
- 5+ years of experience in global mobility compliance or personal income tax and compliance
- Experience in Managing people, Client Interaction and Sales
- Office/Technical skills including Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, QlikView, and Tableau
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel 20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
o Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
o Licensed Attorney
o Enrolled Agent
o Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
o Certified Equity Professional (CEP)
o Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
o Certified Pension Consultant (CPC)
o Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
o Project Management Professional (PMP)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Global experience (foreign language skills, lived/studied abroad, strong cultural awareness)
- Strong analytical, consultative, quantitative, and project management skills
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality; and deadline and results-driven
- Capable of working within large, complex engagements and able to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency
- Leadership skills in managing client relationships and the ability to develop customized solutions to meet client needs with the ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage assignments in a team environment
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $96600 to $211900.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?