Seasonal Multistate Tax Senior - Income and Franchise Corporate
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax Income and Franchise Tax professional who enjoys solving complex state and local tax issues? If you are ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax compliance services and innovative technology, this may be the right role for you!
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Tax Senior who is ready to handle new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the world. This seasonal position begins in June/July 2022 and will end in November 2022.
Work You’ll Do
As a Tax Specialist in the Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group, you will be a valuable member on engagements and provide state tax compliance services to a diverse client base in various industries. You will grow your technical knowledge by working on large, complex multistate tax projects. You will have access to outstanding resources, collaborative teammates, technical specialists, and supportive Leadership to help you successfully serve our clients with excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing detail review of corporate state workpapers, tax returns, and estimated payments
- Researching state tax issues and legislation to assist with compliance, including apportionment methodology, unitary filings, and nexus considerations
- Assisting with workflow management on assigned engagements
Deloitte’s Multistate Tax Services (MTS) Corporate group has more than 1,000 professionals worldwide. Our professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, and technology specialists with numerous years of multistate tax experience. MTS team services include state income and franchise tax, pass-through tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- Previous employment with Deloitte Tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in state income and franchise tax or federal tax, with a focus on corporate taxation
- 2+ years’ experience preparing and reviewing workpapers and income tax returns
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled agent
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Advanced knowledge of CorpTax, OneSource, and/or similar tax software and a strong interest in learning new technology
- Public Accounting experience
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $70,700 to $144,300.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?