Advisory Manager - Business Valuation Complex Securities
The Complex Securities Valuation team, part of Deloitte Advisory, provides services relating to the full life cycle of Valuation, including policy and process assessments, and quantitative solutions to support the valuation of a variety of financial instruments including complex derivatives, securities and other investment products across all industries.
Work you will do
- Assist non-audit clients and Deloitte audit teams in providing financial consulting services relating to the valuation of complex equity and debt securities for regulatory, financial, and tax purposes as a result of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or financial restructuring
- Create complex financial models, analyzing financial statements, conducting industry research, and writing reports
- Interact with internal and external clients and communicate with managers
- Supervise work of junior staff and Consultants to ensure high quality of work products
- May need to work on other Deloitte Advisory engagements
At Deloitte Advisory, our Business Valuation Complex Securities team provides a focused set of valuation consulting services to clients across a range of industry segments. Specific areas of focus include complex equity and debt securities valuation. We perform valuation services for derivatives, complex capital structures, structured products, and also exchange traded securities. Knowledge of Black Scholes, Lattice and Monte Carlo simulation modelling is required. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions; taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting in accordance with ‘US GAAP’ or ‘IFRS’ accounting standards; and strategic planning. Learn more about DeloitteAdvisory.
- 5+ years of experience working for a valuation/consulting firm or equivalent Industry experience
- 5+ Years of experience specifically working in complex securities valuation financial modeling, managing client relationships, creating and delivering client service work that exceeds client expectations, communicating (both written and oral) and presenting complex technical issues to non-technical internal and external clients
- Employment of various complex securities valuation methodologies such as Black Scholes, Lattice and Monte Carlo simulation modeling
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Bachelors or Masters in Quantitative Finance or Financial Engineering
- Leadership role in project management and executing valuation engagements
- Participation in sales process such as responding to request for proposals and orals presentations
- Experience in business and strategic planning and managing client relationships
- Development of project plan outlining milestone dates to meet client deadlines
- Supervising, training/ developing staff on valuation and client requirements as well as assessing staff performance
- Management of project budgets and mitigating any potential project risks
- Ability to work independently and deliver client service work that exceeds client expectations
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Experience in VBA, @Risk and other financial modelling tools
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $144,293 to $240,488.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Something looks off?