Energy Utility Operations Engineer
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Work you’ll do / Responsibilities
Deloitte is looking for looking for someone with the following capabilities:
- Experienced professional to serve as a senior engineer to provide advisory and capacity building support to our government client on power systems.
- Candidates should have in-depth knowledge and experience managing the design and specifications of different types of power system projects throughout the entire project development lifecycle.
- Candidates should have experience with power system operations, cross-border trade, and renewable energy integration.
- Experience with feasibility studies, grid interconnection studies, power flow simulations, energy load analysis, grid code analysis, as well as an understanding how utilities and system operators manage an increased amount of variable power.
- Experience to synthesize information for a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for providing engineering and technical direction to projects as the team works to scope projects, conduct analysis, highlight utility and regulatory practices, and make recommendations on system improvements.
- Experience to support business development initiatives to grow the energy, resilience, and climate team.
- Experience with mentoring/coaching of other practitioners and actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Must have 10+ years of experience
- Master’s degree (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering is preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain desired security clearance levels.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel up to 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Power Systems & Power Flow
- Grid Code Analysis
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.