Engagement Manager- DAS Consulting - Sustainability, Climate & Equity
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Engagement Manager– DAS Consulting - Sustainability, Climate & Equity
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
As an Engagement Manager, you will be accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives. You will ensure that the business needs are clearly understood, and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business. In this role, you will provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios leadership and customers related to solution options and vendor product selection. In addition, you will work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project engagements.
In this role, you will work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions. You will lead product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives for the application and client installations.
- Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Manages all design, development and QA aspects of the SAFe or
- Agile SDLC for multiple projects.
- Provide consultation directly to Deloitte Application Studios leadership and customers around solution options and vendor product selection as needed.
- Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project enagements.
- Work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions.
- Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Monitors & ensure compliance to standardized procedures, best practices and function specifice processes are being followed through out the delivery of solution
- Manage the day to day decision making involved in the portfolio.
- Faciliating Program Increment (PI) planning with stakeholders and different groups
- Monitors and prepare development product work plans, budget, and schedules and create agile teams.
- Work with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy for execution of product roadmaps.
- Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
- Ensure that all products support the appropriate business processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance processes in place.
- Experience working with multiple teams on Cloud based technologies esp. AWS
- Lead all design/development/deployment aspects of SDLC for Deloitte Application Studios projects in partnership with PMO
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the effort.
- Partner with channel leaders and project team to design, develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with PMO—e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to Deloitte Application Studios and ITS leadership; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
Project Delivery Teaming:
- Partner with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Partner with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements which have an impact on business applications.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor resources assigned to project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- 8+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions.
- Experience in managing delivery of SAFe or Agile/Scrum projects a must.
- Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications needed.
- AWS/Azure cloud solutions delivery experience needed
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Expert knowledge in enterprise scale project delivery including working experience in Agile-Scrum model.
- Experience delivering products in any of the Deloitte DevHubs.
- Domain knowledge in Sustainability and climate is a plus.
- Expert knowledge in working onshore-offshore model.
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET, Data Analytics or Cloud application development is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short and long-term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Experience interfacing with internal and external software design, 3rd party development vendors or hosting providers preferred.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.