Join our team and begin tackling critical issues at all levels of government in a team-focused environment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth. Now more than ever, organizations need support to address pressing needs in accounting, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, assurance, and internal controls. Accounting & Internal Controls (A&IC) is well-positioned to help our clients address their most urgent finance transformation needs. If you are interested in helping organizations effectively manage financial risks, then our team would be a great fit for you!
Work you’ll do
- Evaluate current and potential projects through financial modeling, forecasting cash flows, calculating financing capacity and determining project risks and mitigation strategies
- Conduct due diligence and analyze the viability of new energy and infrastructure developments as well as the funding and financing options that underpin them
- Experience with project finance preferred
- Communicate outcomes of financial analysis in visual (presentation) and narrative (formal report) form
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on projects and proposals
- Support the practice on expanding through practice development, responding to proposals and other internal Deloitte initiatives
- Actively expand consulting skills and your professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
Our team of financial modeling and valuation professionals includes financial advisors and economists from varied diverse backgrounds who together help our clients make better decisions using custom, tailored financial models. We make an impact by advising our clients on critical public issues in areas such as business case analysis, transaction execution, credit analysis, cash flow analysis, valuation and portfolio optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or International Affairs required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- 0-1 year of technical and/or financial advisory related experience in areas such as project finance, infrastructure, and real assets
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel ideally to create deliverables
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- 1+ year of financial modeling experience
- 1+ year of experience with government, banks, funds, development finance agencies or credit rating agencies on similar infrastructure and energy project
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $66,000 to $110,000.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.