Senior Manager - Investment Management - Private Equity
Partnership agreements. Aggregate allocations. Deferral techniques. Consulting for major players. Does this describe your background? If you’re a senior leader who wants to play in the big pond and have a solid understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Tax Manager on our growing team!
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will utilize your prior experience to provide tax compliance and consulting services to investment management clients. You will assist clients with effective analysis, solution development, and implementation of clients’ tax objectives. You will develop client relationships by delivering tax consulting services to the client, engaging specialists as necessary. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing high-level reviews of tax research, partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns, and preparing and leading client meetings on compliance and consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities and the tax implications of various transactions to the funds.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising Tax Consultants, Tax Seniors, and Tax Managers, and being heavily involved in the recruitment process.
- Being the lead client contact on engagements and the billing and profitability analysis of engagements, in addition to being heavily involved in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers and staff, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 8+ years of public accounting experience (at least 6 years in investment management) or equivalent experience in law firms or a related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field
- A solid understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, key economic terms, and the tax compliance process related to investment partnerships
- In-depth knowledge of the taxation of portfolio investments, the international and multi-state tax issues concerning private equity funds, key economic terms, and the taxation of fund investors
- One of the following accreditations obtained:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Ability to travel 20%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Previous Big 4 experience or large CPA firm experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- Experience managing remote teams
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $146,510 to $272,090.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.