Chief of Party - Urban Development
Deloitte’s Enterprise Performance professionals are leaders in optimizing operations that span the entire enterprise of an organization, from strategy to implementation and operation. By joining our team, you can help USAID's achieve impact and value from their investments in both people and technology that support enterprise-wide operations, as well as solutions for specific functions in the organization, from IT to finance and the supply chain.
Deloitte is seeking a well-qualified Chief of Party for our ongoing international work on urban and sustainability issues that engage stakeholders at the local and municipal level. This Chief of Party will help guide our ongoing international programs which focus on fostering healthy, prosperous, and resilient cities for all people and the planet. Among other issues, this work focuses on integrated urban programming to: (1) advance net-zero systems; (2) increase urban resilience; (3) reduce pollution and waste reduction; (4) improve local governance and equitable services; and (5) mainstream inclusive green jobs.
The Chief of Party responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as the technical lead of the program and resource for USAID and counterparts on integrated urban development and design of activity scopes; coordinate with the USAID on urban issues.
- Provide technical oversight and management of project activities, including the development and implementation of the project’s vision, strategy, and technical direction.
- Provide management, oversight, and guidance to Project and Activity Managers and their teams as they plan and deliver discrete projects, from initial engagement of stakeholders and translation of technical directives to project activities to periodic evaluation and updates in response to changing conditions and USAID directives.
- Oversee and manage budget and contracting activities for contracts.
- Represent our USAID and other government USAID at external meetings and conferences with governments, NGOs, universities, and other stakeholders in the urban ecosystem.
- Manage reporting and external deliverable development.
- Work with senior Deloitte leadership to implement and manage programs and be able to represent the program on internal meetings.
- Master's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Experience with advance net-zero systems
- Experience with increasing urban resilience
- Experience with reducing pollution and waste reduction
- Experience with improving local governance and equitable services;
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.