The Deloitte Greenhouse Experience - Lead - Houston
The Deloitte Greenhouse® Experience – Lead - Houston
The Deloitte Greenhouse® has been instrumental in helping thousands of executives and teams tackle their most challenging business problems. It takes specialized skills, proven best practices, and deft executive facilitation to deliver results that are anything but business-as-usual. Our teams design both physical and virtual environments that enable leaders and their teams to reach their desired outcomes together.
We are passionate about helping executive teams overcome their most critical challenges. As a Deloitte Greenhouse® Experience team member, you will have the opportunity to create bespoke, immersive, innovative, and impactful experiences (“labs”) for client teams across industries. Labs are powerful enablers for Deloitte teams to accelerate their relationships with key clients, and you will partner closely with Deloitte’s senior leaders to catalyze this relationship-building. You will be part of a team that is committed to the growth of all members, to maintaining a customer-centric mindset, and to cultivating a culture that is enjoyable, playful and supportive.
Learn more about what we do and what it takes to join The Deloitte Greenhouse®.
Work you’ll do
The Deloitte Greenhouse® is searching for a Breakthrough Lab Manager to join the Breakthrough Experience team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a wide array of clients to solve exciting business challenges, stretch your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and network with executive-level clients and Deloitte leaders. As a Breakthrough Lab Manager, you will be responsible for:
Lab Design: Driving the lab design process. This includes drafting lab design documents, leading the design feedback and iteration process with Greenhouse and Deloitte teams, overseeing content curation and creation, reviewing all lab materials, and conducting pre-lab interviews as appropriate. We are looking for someone with strong design thinking and creative problem-solving skills who is passionate about creating innovative and dynamic experiences.
Lab Delivery: Managing the day-of lab delivery on an ongoing basis, which includes live synthesis of key insights and take-aways during the lab, helping to identify opportunities for in-session design or delivery changes, leading breakout groups, and facilitating some lab modules. We are looking for someone with strong executive presence and who has a knack for operating in ambiguity.
People Leadership: Mentoring and apprenticing team members. Providing both formal and informal instruction, direction, and feedback to lab producers and other junior staff. We are seeking an individual who thrives on team-oriented leadership and who is committed to growing and inspiring talent.
Project Management: Owning the project management for assigned labs, which includes setting, communicating, and tracking milestones and objectives, proactively identifying risks, leading meetings, and leading and/or participating in client interviews. You will typically manage the relationship with Deloitte account teams and support the lab lead in managing client relationships. We are looking for someone with strong project management skills and attention to detail.
Greenhouse Program Support: In addition to delivering labs, you may also have the opportunity to support national or local special projects and test creative and innovative approaches that could be leveraged in the Deloitte Greenhouse® portfolio. We are seeking an individual who enjoys taking on new challenges and pushing boundaries.
What we’re looking for
In this role you will exercise skills in the following areas:
- Owning multiple workstreams
- Demonstrating intentional apprenticeship and coaching
- Operating effectively in ambiguity, including making in-the-moment adjustments and making decisions when not all information is available
- Demonstrating strong business writing, as well as document development skills (including note taking and tailoring complex information) and structuring and formatting capabilities
- Establishing rapport and building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Thinking and acting in the best interest of the customer and demonstrating ability to resolve customer service issues
- Collaborating and integrating with a variety of stakeholders to accomplish tasks and projects
- Diagnosing problems using formal problem-solving tools and techniques
- Drawing insights and conclusions from complex qualitative and quantitative data
- Applying knowledge of business priorities and processes, customer and shareholder perspective, and future trends to inform decisions
- Offering original, new, or different approaches to solving problems
We are passionate about helping executive teams break through their most critical challenges. As a Deloitte Greenhouse® Experience team member, you will have the opportunity to create bespoke, immersive, innovative, and impactful experiences (“labs”) for client teams across organizations and industries. Labs are powerful enablers for Deloitte teams to accelerate their relationships with key clients, and you will partner closely with Deloitte senior leaders to catalyze this relationship-building. You will be part of a group that strives to be the ultimate Team of Teams; one that is committed to the growth of all team members, to maintaining a customer-centric mindset, and to cultivating a culture that is fun and playful.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ work experience
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed for the role
- Well-developed analytical skills - ability to synthesize group discussions into concise / concrete bullet points and help steer abstract dialogue into actionable themes
- Excellent presence, as well as strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- This role is based in Houston
- Interest and experience with analytical methods and tools, including data visualization are desirable.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.