Workforce Strategy & Solutions (WSS), Emerging Workforce Manager
Join Our Team and Shape the Future of our Workforce
With significant shifts in both the environment and our firm strategy, the talent marketplace, as well as the current Deloitte (the firm) workforce are evolving at a critical pace. The firm is embracing this unique opportunity to not only rethink how we deliver our services, but also where and how we source, hire and develop talent, and drive a more differentiated talent experience for our people.
Deloitte’s Workforce Strategy & Solutions (WSS) team collaborates across each of the Deloitte businesses to shape our broader future workforce strategy. We design, develop, and implement ‘future of work’ strategies, human centered end-to-end workforce solutions, and strategic workforce planning initiatives with high-level cross-business and business-specific leadership.
Given the nature of our work, our team culture focuses on nurturing personal growth, learning, and development to elevate everyone’s professional journey. We provide the support and resources our team members need to excel in their roles and thrive, from mentorship and coaching to a strong commitment to well-being, mental and physical health.
The Work You’ll Do
We're seeking a dynamic and innovative Manager on the Workforce Strategy & Innovation segment of the team to work on Deloitte’s highest priority, cross-business people initiatives, bring our Workforce Strategy to life. Lead our efforts to build the future talent infrastructure to drive a skills-first approach to hiring and create career pathways for individuals without a 4-year degree, thereby helping us build a stronger, more diverse future workforce. . Be a catalyst for change, meeting Deloitte’s skill and labor demands, while positively impacting our communities by championing our internal and external commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
Day-to-day work will consist of crafting and implementing innovative strategies and solutions that redefine how we identify, attract and retain top talent. Dive deep into emerging trends and forward-thinking methodologies to stay ahead in this evolving landscape. Cultivate partnerships with outside organizations to tap into emerging talent pools. Collaborate across business leaders and various teams within the Talent channel, Deloitte’s Purpose & DEI Office to access, attract and support a more educationally diverse population. We’re seeking a candidate who has in-depth experience across Talent Operations, DEI, and/or Human Capital Consulting and is excited by innovative, complex, mission-driven work.
Join a passionate team that values your creativity and dedication, as well as fosters a culture where your ideas are welcomed and championed. Expand your network and capabilities to support the refresh of our Deloitte US Firm Workforce Strategy, as well lead other initiatives to enable our continued business growth and evolution of our workforce. While you will only work on a single project at a time, you should expect that over the course of your time on this team, you might be deployed to other strategic workforce imperatives outside the educational diversity/DEI space.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead end-to-end workforce solutions including gathering business requirements, designing, and implementing solution components; manage the work through all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Own the completion of work products/deliverables, including conducting complex business analyses, where required, to support data-driven results
- Drive key stakeholder relationships; design facilitation approaches to engage variety of stakeholders along the project lifecycle
- Cultivate integration across other Workforce Strategy & Solutions, Talent and business initiatives
- Develop compelling, logically structured presentations and deliverables to communicate strategy to Talent and business leaders
- Maintain an understanding of market shifts and talent trends and how they impact our business and workforce needs, and adapt solutions accordingly
- Empower, manage, coach, and support the success of junior team members via both formal and informal reporting relationships
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 6+ years experience in human capital consulting OR in-depth knowledge of and experience with the Deloitte Talent channel in strategic or project-based roles; specialized knowledge and skills in strategy and operations, workforce/talent strategy, DEI strategies and/or human-centered design methodologies
- Proven self-starter who has demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, complex, and ambiguous start-up environment; agile mindset and ability to pivot and respond to unexpected challenges
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider data, goals, constraints, and risks from multiple perspectives.
- Strong PowerPoint skills; ability to create simple stories around complex topics and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding written, visual and verbal communication and active listening skills, including interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate complex messages in a clear, concise way to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated client service orientation; strong consultative skills, project management/delivery and team leadership; experience having scoped and driven large scale change initiatives across complex organizations
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen; an understanding of the professional services industry and/or Deloitte business
- Demonstrated ability to lead a distributed, cross-functional team and build strong peer relationships across the Deloitte network
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $100,000 to $200,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.