Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in New York, NY.
Work You’ll Do
Assist clients to balance compliance details and long-term tax strategies as well as understand national and international tax structures and align tax functions with business objectives. Provide day-to-day client service relationships and serve as the gateway to a variety of specialized tax services that can help improve compliance with taxing entities while maintaining each client’s overall tax risk profile. Work closely with clients and other members of the team to understand each organization’s global goals and strategies and how industry and economic trends affect the business. Provide compliance and consulting services to clients and assist with various tax consulting projects, including planning and executing projects related to information reporting. Identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates and coordinate with clients' tax and business operations on tax planning and compliance data gathering. Participate in complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries, research and analyze a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions and the tax implications of financing techniques for a variety of entities and their affiliates, and research tax legislation to assist in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting. Assume tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients. Prepare tax returns and keep up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services.
Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns;
- Preparing and reviewing federal and state income tax returns, Schedule K-1s, book- to-tax reconciliations and partner equity and tax allocations for hedge funds, private equity funds, and funds of funds;
- Utilizing tax software, including GoSystem, CCH, and Corptax, to prepare federal, state, local, and international income tax returns, and calculate estimated tax and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Performing analysis for FIN 48, effective tax rate reconciliation, and valuation allowance, and preparing tax deferred tax schedules and tax review memos to properly account for income taxes during the preparation of tax provisions for corporations;
- Preparing quarterly estimated tax payments for corporations, and preparing schedules for federal and state income tax returns and state franchise tax;
- Conducting tax testing and adjustments on wash sales, straddles, constructive sales, boxed position, short sales, swaps, Section 1256, Section 988, UBTI, dividends testing, and special allocation or aggregate allocation for hedge fund clients;
- Reviewing Section 483, Section 453A, and waterfall calculation for large private equity funds;
- Preparing and reviewing US-based reporting of foreign operations, including Forms 5471, 8865, 926, 8621, 8858, FATCA filings, and information reporting forms, including Form 1042/1042S, and Form 1099 (series); and
- Identifying reportable transactions and filing appropriate Form 8886 disclosures for applicable thresholds.
- Salary: $67,912.00 - $112,875.00/year.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.