State, Local & Higher Education Risk Manager/Senior Negotiator
Government & Public Services State, Local, and Higher Education (SLHE) Risk Manager
The Government & Public Services (GPS) Risk Management Team is currently seeking a full-time dedicated Senior Risk Manager/Senior Negotiator with a primary focus on State, Local and Higher Education (SLHE). Below is a detailed list of responsibilities for this role:
Government & Public Services SLHE Risk Manager:
The GPS SLHE Senior Risk Manager/Senior Negotiator will be responsible for supporting Deloitte Consulting’s GPS practice from a contracting and negotiation perspective, covering the full cycle of an engagement. The role provides the organization with a focal point for business risk and contract negotiations, from analysis to mitigation recommendations to leadership. The candidate should have experience working with client delivery teams as well as experience managing the negotiation of large professional services and product contracts. Additional experience with complex Information Technology implementations and service contracts is desirable.
Guidance and support to senior business leaders within the firm
- Serve as liaison between Principals, Directors, and Senior Managers of the firm and the Office of General Counsel
- Advise practice leadership on potential quality and risk management issues within the aligned offering portfolio
- Provide guidance on risk mitigation strategies, contract formation and contract management
- Facilitate internal compliance with contract terms, risk management policies and procedures, and management directives
Proposal process and negotiation
- Facilitate engagement review process for higher risk engagements and participate in pricing decisions
- Consult with firm Principals and Directors on Requests for Proposals, Teaming Agreements, and Non-Disclosures Agreements
- Conduct Risk Consultations for all higher risk engagements prior to proposal submission
- Interpret contract requirements and obligations and provide guidance to engagement teams
- Negotiate professional services and product contracts with a primary focus on reducing and mitigating delivery and contractual risks associated with the services being provided including Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, EULAs, Engagement Letters, Professional Services Agreements, and Subcontractor Agreements
- Interprets requirements of the contract
- Monitor compliance with professional standards and contractual obligations
- Analyze and assess potential impacts associated with contract delivery risks
- Assist in client negotiations with clients to resolve contractual issues
- Provides guidance to reduce project risks, adjust contract requirements to accommodate changing project circumstances, and manage expectations to contractual obligations and agreed upon performance standards
- 10 years of contracts and negotiation experience
- Experience with managing the negotiation, delivery, and risk assessments of large professional services and product contracts
- Experience in working with client delivery teams, preferably in State, Local, or Higher Education
- Experience with complex contract negotiation and working high stakes multi-million-dollar engagements, i.e. Information Technology implementations or technology companies
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $176,000 to $294,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.