Lead Quality Control Engineer - PDM Senior Consultant
Risk and Financial Advisory – Hybrid Operate
Lead Quality Control Engineer – PDM Senior Consultant
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to work in a collaborative environment? Are you passionate about leveraging next generation technology to turn complex organizational challenges into long-term competitive advantages?
If so, please consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. The Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model tailored to long-term, client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing the need for extensive travel. As a Lead Quality Control Engineer in our Hybrid-Operate business, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience, share ideas, and collaborate with leading professionals as we engage a diverse set of industries with effective solutions
Work You’ll Do
As a Lead Quality Control Engineer, you will analyze complex problems, think creatively, communicate recommendations, influence change, incorporate best practices, and help drive process and structure to an extremely dynamic environment. Ideal candidates will have a solution-focused mindset and the ability to collaborate as a team with technical and product leaders while also contributing independently. Candidates must be passionate about technology, demonstrate strong troubleshooting and research facilities, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Day to day job responsibilities may include:
- Work with multiple teams to understand, document, and improve project methodologies.
- Plan, design, code, and execute tests, including user interfaces, business logic, and data access according to application need
- Test, automate, troubleshoot, and critique software components
- Assist teams in resolving technological roadblocks, and identify issues or anomalies in large sets of data using SQL queries and statistical sampling methods.
- Leverage critical thinking and analysis to identify errors and make recommendations for process improvement
- Assist with developing and managing quality control activities including checklist templates while incorporating new ideas for efficiency.
- Create and review standard operating procedures and perform documentation management.
- Perform root cause analysis and diagnosis, implement controls, and communicate to leadership teams
- Develop efficient reports on defect status, and individual/team progress
The candidate will be detail oriented, possess strong listening skills, excellent verbal/written communication skills, collaborate well with others, and can clearly communicate technical concepts, ideas, and outcomes to internal teams and clients.
We are a growing global team of Developers and Technology professionals. You will be working directly with team members at all levels, with the focus on enhancement or customization to meet the needs of our clients. Our teams understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science preferred, or a similar technical discipline, or comparable industry experience.
- 5-7 years of prior experience in manual and automation testing for a service/product organization.
- 5-7 years of experience analyzing business problems, transactional data, or unstructured data.
- Ability to write reusable code/Test Automation Framework development/Maintenance
- Intermediate to advanced SQL skills to perform complex queries against large datasets, identify data anomalies, gaps and trends, and perform root cause analysis.
- Familiar with concepts and techniques of forecasting, sampling, statistical analysis, risk assessments.
- Experience in handling multiple concurrent complex activities within a fast paced, highly technical changing environment.
- Ability to identify project risks and escalate in a timely manner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience in Java-script
- Worked in an Agile project
- Experience in Microsoft Account for Agile/Cloud based web Applications
- Knowledge of performance testing tool qualifications
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado, and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $87,852 to $154,125.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.