Java Full Stack Software Engineering Master - PDM Manager
Risk and Financial Advisory – Hybrid Operate
Java Full Stack Software Engineering Master – PDM Manager
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology who wants to work in a collaborative environment? Are you passionate about leveraging next generation technology to turn complex organizational challenges into long-term competitive advantages?
If so, please consider an opportunity with Deloitte under our Project Delivery Talent Model. Project Delivery Model (PDM) is a talent model tailored to long-term, client service delivery. PDM practitioners are local to project locations, minimizing the need for extensive travel. As a Full Stack Java Engineer in our Hybrid-Operate business, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience, share ideas, and collaborate with leading professionals as we engage a diverse set of industries with effective solutions.
As a Java Full Stack Engineering Master, you will contribute to the design, analysis, development, implementation, testing, and deployment of new data-driven, web-based applications. Ideal candidates will have a solution-focused mindset and the ability to collaborate as a team with technical and product leaders while also contributing independently. Candidates must be passionate about technology, demonstrate strong troubleshooting and research facilities, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Day to day job responsibilities may include:
- Working closely with business, solution engineers, team members and leadership to understand business requirements and deliver high quality technical solutions
- Analyzing and implementing user requirements/business needs as new and/or enhanced product functionality
- Identifying key drivers of a problem and propose technical solutions using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Developing solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validating solutions to subject matter experts
- Understanding the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributing to continuous development of methods and tools
- Supporting and independently completing project tasks; design, code, test, and document software code
Performing code reviews, guiding junior developers, refining technical requirements, making architectural decisions, and coordinating efforts across a small team of developers/QA engineers to have deployable code ready by sprint deadlines
- Communicating with technical and business leaders on sprint progress and enhancement status
- Assisting in the packaging and delivery of finished software products to clients
- Demonstrating accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
- Contributing to team success and positive team dynamics
The candidate will be detail oriented, possess strong listening skills, collaborate well with others, and can clearly communicate technical concepts, ideas, and analysis with other team members.
We are a growing global team of Developers and Technology professionals. You will be working directly with team members at all levels, with the focus on enhancement or customization to meet the needs of our clients. Our teams understand the dynamics of serving complex, global clients across multiple industries, and the importance of increasing transparency around business performance. Learn more about our Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Master's or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong hands-on software development skills using OOP concepts and design patterns
- 7-10 years hands-on experience in Java Spring Boot technology stack
- Full stack development experience with both Backend & frontend Java Spring framework (Core, MVC, JPA, Security), JSP, Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML, Maven, and SQL
- 7-10 years of knowledge on MVC framework like Spring/Struts/Grails and ORM tools such as Hibernate
- Ability to work in an Agile model
- Experience with Junit and Mockito
- Ability to travel up to 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience using Azure DevOps and GIT/SVN for source control
- Experience in Angular
- Experience with reporting solutions like Tableau would be a plus
- Working knowledge of AWS Cloud platform
- Working knowledge of Python
- Working knowledge of Selenium
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado, and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,832 to $187,425.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.