Senior Compensation Consultant
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive alignment with their business, improve organizational and human resource performance and establish a culture focused on adding business value? That is what the new generation of human resource transformation is all about. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Government and Public Services (GPS) clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte’s Human Capital practice.
Work you'll do:
As a Compensation Strategies Sr. Consultant in the Workforce Transformation practice, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Lead total cash compensation studies for a variety of public sector clients (federal, state, local and higher education organizations)
- Collaborate with clients to conduct compensation value and program design benchmark studies
- Help clients participate in published compensation surveys
- Participate in the design of merit pay, salary ranges/structures, incentive/bonus compensation plans, and recognition programs
- Model the financial impact of compensation plans in support of compensation plan analysis and design
- Help to lead job architecture projects focused on the design and structure of job titles and levels and the connection to pay program design
- Prepare client reports, including exhibits and summaries
- On occasion, contribute to projects focusing on the design of performance management and employee health and welfare benefit plans to address their impact on compensation programs
- Participate in marketing initiatives; conduct compensation program design surveys, write client project proposals, and write white papers and Points of Views on various compensation program and reward topics
- Help to lead the preparation of internal and external presentation materials on various compensation and reward topics in support of the Compensation Strategies practice
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes—is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Workforce Transformation (WFT) offering helps clients consider how work, workforces and workplaces need to be reimagined in the service of future business strategy. We collaborate with clients to evaluate the nature of work, how the composition of the workforce will evolve to meet business needs, and how to activate next generation leaders, learning, skills, and incentives for the future.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of professional experience
- 3 years of experience in compensation consulting working with public sector clients or private sector clients
- 3 years of experience utilizing compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Ability to travel 5-15%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- 1 year of experience leading compensation consulting engagements independently or with minimal oversight
- 3 years of experience in a compensation consulting firm working on public sector compensation consulting projects, or
- 3 years of experience in public sector compensation role(s)
- 3 years of experience managing mid-to-large sized data sets
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.