Software Engineer, Lead
Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Software Engineer, Lead in Morristown, NJ.
Work You’ll Do
Develop new services offerings and technology solutions to assist in delivery tax services to clients. Support software development teams, including gathering and documenting system/business requirements as user stories and use cases, providing process and screen flows, developing and executing test cases and test product concepts, and developing and maintaining project plans. Assist in the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data driven web-based applications and provide support for existing systems. Ensure that unique business needs are properly translated to provide technology solutions. Monitor, analyze, and report on technology solutions over the entire software development lifecycle, and manage the success and evolution of tools in the marketplace. Work with all stakeholders to create business cases, and identify and confirm necessary resources throughout the product lifecycle. Cross-coordinate and regularly communicate with other product owners to facilitate cross-team collaboration and prioritize and maintain a comprehensive product backlog for all products in the technology portfolio. Conduct interviews with technology stakeholders to elicit detailed functional requirements and modeling requirements.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months as a Software Engineer, Lead or related occupation gaining software development experience.
Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Performing software development using C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, and Windows services;
- Interfacing with business analysts and functional subject matter experts to understand business problems, translating business needs into functional and nonfunctional requirements, creating technical design documents, and ensuring the delivery of appropriate technical solutions;
- Collaborating with a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions, and collaborating with designers, business users and engineers to adopt proof of concept aimed at the technical feasibility of product features;
- Assisting with the day-to-day activities of a development team in an Agile environment;
- Developing applications using .NET, and building web applications through all phases of the application lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design architecture, and deployment and maintenance;
- Designing and building object oriented applications, and utilizing object oriented analysis (OOA) and object oriented design (OOD);
- Customizing and maintaining Azure DevOps Server projects, including building and releasing templates;
- Utilizing SQL Server to enhance scripts relating to client account creation process and design data objects, functions, and stored procedures;
- Creating unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing, performing unit testing for new development, and documenting new development, procedures or test plans; and
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.