Data Scientist - GenAI - Solution Specialist
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do
The Generative AI Engineer will, as part of several client delivery teams, be responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining cutting-edge AI-based systems, ensuring smooth and engaging user experiences. Additionally, the Generative AI Engineer will participate in a wide variety of Natural Language Processing activities, including refining and optimizing prompts to improve the outcome of Large Language Models (LLMs), and code and design review. The kinds of activities performed by the Prompt Engineer will also include, but not be limited to:
- Working across client teams to develop and architect Generative AI solutions using ML and GenAI
- Developing and promoting standards across the community
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate AI tools and machine learning models for tasks, as well as building and training working versions of those models using Python and other open-source technologies
- Working with leadership and stakeholders to identify AI opportunities and promote strategy
- Developing and conducting trainings for users across the Government & Public Services landscape on principles used to develop models and how to interact with models to facilitate their business processes
- Building and prioritizing backlog for future machine-learning enabled features to support client business processes
Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence, embracing decision making with clear, data-driven choices that deliver enterprise value in a dynamic business environment.
The Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Artificial Intelligence & Data Engineering will work with our clients to:
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
- 3+ years of experience programming in Python or R
- 2+ years of experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Large Language Models (LLM) 2+ years of experience building and maintaining scalable API solutions
- 2+ years of experience designing solutions to address client requirements
- 3+ years of experience with the design and implementation (building, containerizing, and deploying end to end automated data and ML pipelines) of automated cloud solutions
- 3+ years of experience in developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models
- 3+ years of data extraction/manipulation experience using scripts specific to AI/ML
- 3+ years of modeling experience using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- 3+ years of experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming
- 3+ years of extensive experience working in an Agile development environment
- 3+ years of experience for fluency in both structured and unstructured data (SQL, NOSQL)
- 3+ years of production experience with Apache Spark
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with web APIs, CI/CD for ML, and Serverless Deployment
- 2+ years of experience with presentation and data analysis software such as: SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, QlikView, Excel and Access
- 1+ years of experience to have familiarity with Linux OS and Windows servers
- 1+ years of experience to have knowledge of Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and other DevOps tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must live near, or relocate to Gilbert, AZ
- Must be in your designated office location 10%-30% of each work week
- Ability to travel up to 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience
- Previous Government Consulting and/or professional services experience
- In depth understanding of AI protocols and standards
- Understanding of technology risks and the ability to assess and mitigate them
- Deep knowledge of a specific domain or industry, with a focus on applying NLP/LLM solutions in that context
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting software or solutions design issues
- Proven ability to stay current with best practices and new technology solutions in the field
- Ability to display both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Certification from any of the three major cloud platforms (AWS / Azure / GCP) in Cloud Architecture / Engineering / DevOps / ML.
- Familiarity with Kubeflow or MLflow
- Experience with machine learning pipelines (Azure ML)
- Familiarity with the latest Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision related algorithms
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.